Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: HOW TO CRAM FOR THE LSAT THIS MONDAY  (Read 1509 times)

hoops

• View Profile
HOW TO CRAM FOR THE LSAT THIS MONDAY
« on: June 09, 2004, 01:09:09 PM »
I have two questions. First of all, I am into a couple of schools for this fall, but I have decided to take the LSAT again. Does anyone know if taking the LSAT again can hurt me? I have been accepted- can I now be rejected? Can the scholarships be taken away from me if I were to score worse?

Secondly, does anyone hav any ideas on how to cram? I'm taking the LSAT on Monday as a "no-loss scenerio", so it doesn't bother me that before 2 days ago I had not looked at an LSAT question in over a year. However, I want to cram and do as well as I can!

Any help would be great!

M2

Re: HOW TO CRAM FOR THE LSAT THIS MONDAY
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 01:12:28 PM »
I think this is a bad idea.

Most schools average your two scores, but I can't be certain if they will even receive the score report since yiou have already been accepted.
Why don't you just call or email the schools and ask them?

M2

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 01:21:01 PM »
The Logic Games bible saved me.
I was absolutely horrible at games, and now im "ok"

hoops

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 01:27:07 PM »
I can finish 3 games with pretty much all correct, get at least the 1st question on the 4th game right and guess on the rest. Games really brought you that far!?!

M2

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 01:33:59 PM »
I started getting 1-5 wrong in LR, RC and now its about 0-3  ...i started out getting 8!!! right in games... Now i get around 16

hoops

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 01:38:21 PM »
I am just looking for a way to do better on LR in the next week - I get anything from 15 - 21 right. That's hard to deal with given that there are 2 sections of LR - a possible 12 raw point swing!

pross1492

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 01:40:19 PM »
i have the same scores.  the bible helped me.

hoops-  just of curiosity.  why do want to take the test again?  and what schools have you been accepted to?

M2

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 01:42:11 PM »
Nova's master the LSAT helped me with LR...but honestly I think it's a bit late at this point.
Im not trying to discourage you by any means. You could check your library for a few books...start studying and then take a practice exam on sunday.

Maybe you can improve your score a lot, it just seems rushed.

Victor

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 01:45:56 PM »
Nova's master the LSAT helped me with LR...but honestly I think it's a bit late at this point.

Is Princeton's Cracking the LSAT good for LR aswell?

hoops

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 01:48:10 PM »
Never say "die" my man.

For the previous question, I am retaking the test b/c I signed up when I had yet to get into any schools. I have been accepted at 2 3rd Tier schools and 1 4th Tier school, with some reasonable scholarships. I tried to cancel the test, but you only get $40 back, and I am not interested in taking the test at another time. So $112 to take the test, or $72 cost to not take the test? I'm going to take it.