Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Facebooks (UCLA, specifically)  (Read 542 times)

Shira

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Facebooks (UCLA, specifically)
« on: June 11, 2005, 03:11:50 AM »
Hi guys... so I just got the welcome package at UCLA and one of the things they want is a "Facebook profile" in which we have to include our undergrad university and major, year of graduation, and interests. Now... here's what I want to know -- do they want our interesting interests, or do they want... big words? I mean how formal or casual is this facebook thing?

Note -- not talking about thefacebook.com!!!

3.4ish, mid-160's
Accepted: UCLA, Loyola (Los Angeles)
Rejected: USC (whatever!)

*YAY!!!!!!!!*

jenery

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Facebooks (UCLA, specifically)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2005, 03:28:54 PM »
I think they probably want interesting interests -- we had an undergrad facebook at Duke (which the upperclassmen called the "Pig Book" because they used it to identify hot girls they wanted to invite to frat parties) and most people put their hobbies, interests, but not stuff like their intended major. The people that put down "Economics and world peace" didn't get invited to any frat parties.  ;) 

I wouldn't put "toga parties and pole dancing" but something like "Skiing, concerts, debate" is probably ok.

Shira

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 08:51:33 PM »
*bump*
3.4ish, mid-160's

*YAY!!!!!!!!*

tacojohn

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I voted. P. Diddy told us to vote"
    • ICQ Messenger - 176834534
    • MSN Messenger - tacojohniu@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - TacoJohnIU
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - tacojohniu@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Fearfully Optimistic
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 11:07:11 AM »
If your interests are Satanic cults, human sacrifice, a meth habit, or your upcoming book "The Columbian Drug Trade: For Fun and Profit" then they probably don't want to know that.  Unusual body tricks (like shoulders that dislocate at will or your 12 toes [the hard way]) are probably also taboo.  Other than that, I think most everything would go.  It's all up to you how open you want to be.

KODIAK

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 11:10:07 AM »
Make sure you include interesting stuff like what drugs you've tried and how many sexual partners you've had.  You gotta know the important stuff about people.

Shira

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 04:19:51 PM »
If your interests are Satanic cults, human sacrifice, a meth habit, or your upcoming book "The Columbian Drug Trade: For Fun and Profit" then they probably don't want to know that.  Unusual body tricks (like shoulders that dislocate at will or your 12 toes [the hard way]) are probably also taboo.  Other than that, I think most everything would go.  It's all up to you how open you want to be.

Cr*p. Who told you about my upcoming book?

*doh*
3.4ish, mid-160's

*YAY!!!!!!!!*