Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Boalt...  (Read 933 times)

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Boalt...
« on: June 09, 2005, 04:12:09 PM »
Hey, I just realized that they since they rank us very specifically and since that does not change no matter what you send to them, perhaps they use their index numbers to make a decision.
Can people please post their index numbers (as given by law schoool numbers, I don't know how accurate this is actually) and quartile rank so that I can see if this hypothosis is correct?

Index - 243.2
Quartile - 2nd Quartile Resident List.

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Boalt...
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2005, 04:15:11 PM »
OK, nevermind, that was wishful thinking because I just looked at LSN and there are people with worse Index numbers than my own that have already been accepted off of the waitlist. It was worth a shot though.

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 04:34:54 PM »
Given the fact that there's yet another reply form due by July 1 with no tentative yes option, I think a lot of spots are going to open up.

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 05:11:38 PM »
I hope more than anything that you are right... but, I think that Boalt is likely doing their best to estimate just how many spots will open up, and are offering as many people as possible admission now because they don't want to loose those people to other schools. Let's hope I'm wrong, but regardless, things have changed a lot from a month ago when I was certain they would not be going to their waitlist since they never do. Things are looking up.

Josecuervo100

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 12:20:28 PM »
Siehead,

I find myself rooting more for you to get in off the waitlist than myself! Boalt is a great school and the Bay area is awesome. I went there as a undergraduate and was hoping to come in off the list as well, but I am sure at this point its wishful thinking (being that I am near the bottom of the list). Spoke with a professor a few days ago who said that he spoke to the director of admissions. They are still going to their waitlists, but I dont think we will see another wave of offers (if any) until the July 1st deadline. 

Keep us here posted of your success at getting in (too bad you can't convince the admissions committee to login to lawschooldiscussion.org, you have a short story on "Why I want to go to Boalt" if you combined all your postings).

-the Alkaholic

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2005, 03:20:23 PM »
I withdrew from Boalt today, so all in-staters are one person closer to getting a spot.

Sorry I took so long -- I just had a really hard time making up my mind.  Chose UVA.

cassise

• Sr. Citizen
  • To eliminate any confusion
    • AOL Instant Messenger - cassise0414
    • View Profile
    • My journey to law school starting soph year
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 03:37:15 PM »
I heard boalt was a GPA whore and your GPA is awsome.  Is this a misconception>?

tinyandi

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.84/157; BA & MA from UPenn
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 04:46:19 PM »
Non-staters....WITHDRAW.  I'll love you forever.  <3
Attending: Emory
In: UF, UM
Wailisted: ND (Group 1), Berkeley (Group 1)
Rejections: GW, UCLA
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=tinyandi

siehead

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2005, 10:00:57 PM »
Siehead,

I find myself rooting more for you to get in off the waitlist than myself! Boalt is a great school and the Bay area is awesome. I went there as a undergraduate and was hoping to come in off the list as well, but I am sure at this point its wishful thinking (being that I am near the bottom of the list). Spoke with a professor a few days ago who said that he spoke to the director of admissions. They are still going to their waitlists, but I dont think we will see another wave of offers (if any) until the July 1st deadline. 

Keep us here posted of your success at getting in (too bad you can't convince the admissions committee to login to lawschooldiscussion.org, you have a short story on "Why I want to go to Boalt" if you combined all your postings).

-the Alkaholic
Thanks for the kind words, I went to Berkeley undergrand as well, and even though I am a little sick of the bay area, Boalt would be a dream come true for me. I will definiteley let everyone in the world know if I get into Boalt off of their 2nd quartile resident waiting list. I am hiding out a little bit of hope for this dream to come true.