Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYU waitlist  (Read 1773 times)

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
Re: NYU waitlist
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2005, 01:53:58 AM »
I got the letter--rejected off the waitlist. Oh well, at least now I don't have to torture myself about where to go!
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2005, 09:25:17 AM »
I got the letter--rejected off the waitlist. Oh well, at least now I don't have to torture myself about where to go!

Hey girl,

are you serious??? if you got the letter, i'm feeling pretty certain i'm also getting the letter soon... and i want to cry  :'(  :'(  :'(  could you tell me when your letter was dated? also did you send in any addiotional materials, etc?

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2005, 10:57:22 AM »
I sent in two letters of continued interest, and my rejection letter was dated June 15 (I live on the west coast so it took a while getting here). Don't cry; there's still hope!
3.52 164|cancel|173

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2005, 12:06:07 PM »
I sent in two letters of continued interest, and my rejection letter was dated June 15 (I live on the west coast so it took a while getting here). Don't cry; there's still hope!

damn it... my mail is also coming in to the west coast (parents address).....if i can make it through this and next week i think i'll be allright... darn it, it's not looking good though! (you and i have identical nrs)

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2005, 12:42:13 PM »
If you have a friend in NYC, call JD Admissions and have them change your address to C/O your friend. At least then your friend can call you the day after NYU issues the letter. I did that two days ago--little did I know my rejection was already on its way!
3.52 164|cancel|173

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2005, 01:01:20 PM »
If you have a friend in NYC, call JD Admissions and have them change your address to C/O your friend. At least then your friend can call you the day after NYU issues the letter. I did that two days ago--little did I know my rejection was already on its way!

that's a good idea, I think i might do that once my boyfriend finishes changing apts (he lives in manhattan)

did i mention this whole process sucks? (except for the parts where we get admitted and offerred scholarships... that part is good)