Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: NYU waitlist  (Read 1824 times)

jc1134

• View Profile
NYU waitlist
« on: June 08, 2005, 11:17:54 PM »
I am waitlisted at NYU (stats are 166/3.9). I have put down two deposits at Fordham and my plan all along has been to move ahead like I would go there but wait and see what happens with NYU. My undergrad grades have just been finalized, and I will be sending them out to NYU ASAP.

Now, though, I have a dilemma because Fordham requires a registration form by July 5 that holds you liable for the first year of tuition. My questions are: what happens if I turn in this form on July 5 and then on the 6th NYU accepts me off the  waitlist? Do you think Fordham would still hold me responsible for the tuition? Heck, if I haven't gotten into NYU by 7/5, should I just give it up anyway? Anyone else out there in a similar predicament, or know anyone who has been accepted/rejected by NYU from the waitlist thus far?

Thanks for your help!

jdw112

Re: NYU waitlist
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 11:22:41 PM »
Hold out for NYU as long as you would be willing to accept. Fordham is in NYC, it isn't like you would have to move far if NYU called :)

Schools usually have withdrawal policies that allow student to get a certain % refunded. Usually the first week is 100%, 2nd week is a little less, and so on. If you withdraw before classes begin, I cannot see them holding you responsible for the funds.I'd look online for a catalogue or call them tomorrow to ask.

jc1134

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2005, 01:26:24 PM »
Thanks for your advice. I called Fordham today and they informed me that I won't be on the hook for tuition until I actually begin attending classes. If anyone has any info about NYU waitlist movement or when their second deposit is, it would still be much appreciated.  :)

faith2005

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 05:48:49 PM »
fyi i was rejected off of nyu's waitlist yesterday. i guess i was still holding out hope. ah well...good luck to the rest of y'all waiting.

lawschoolny

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 12:05:52 AM »
sorry to hear that but i'm waiting to hear back from NYU too. . . How did you hear (mail, email)? Do you mind sharing your numbers?

This is one of the school's that I'm still holding out hope for too. . .

faith2005

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 10:17:18 AM »
i got a letter in the mail that said they had finished their review of their waitlist candidates and that I wasn't accepted. i am on lsn faith2005. my numbers aren't that great, but I was still hoping... good luck!

Sones83

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 05:59:13 PM »
thanks for the update...i keep nervously checking the mail every day! good to know that I should be hearing soon too :)

NickyFitt

• 166/3.97 ---and charming!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - NickyFitt
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - NickyFitt
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 10:10:16 PM »
you're not alone!

I got the letter today, too.
Loves me: Fordham, Hastings, Northeastern (7k),U of Minnesota, USC (8k), Washington & Lee, William & Mary (14k)
Loves me not: Boalt
UR such a tease! (waitlist): Columbia, NYU, Stanford

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=abigailallen

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2005, 02:49:16 AM »
Sorry to hear you all are getting let down. In a way it's sort of a relief though to know answers are on the way.

I am watching my mail like a cat at a mousehole!
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

filialuna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 12:35:32 PM »
Any news? I'm also desperately waiting...