Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Test XXXVII  (Read 2183 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: Test XXXVII
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 01:55:24 PM »
for question 7, your senario Z X Y T U S W can't happen.  Y cannot be third.  With this senario discounted, at the end of the line, it's always going to be T S or S T, hence they can't both be red.

Adn for the first question, # 6, its the same reasoning.  Y can't be earlier than fourth. It must be R G R then Y, since two red before Y.  You made the inference, but failed to apply it.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was your confusion for question 11, as well.

seankenn

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 02:11:05 PM »
In addition, Y must be 4th because there must be two slot following Y to accommodate T and W.  Z must be either 1st or 2nd.

What we know in this games is:

_ Z/U _  Y  T  S  W

Because it gives us so much information regarding the order, I would assume many of the questions concern the color rather than the order.  I hope this helped.

newparent

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 02:15:01 PM »
Man, believe it or not I confused earlier with later.  Specifically, for all constraints I had everything going one way, from later toward earlier, whereas this is clearly not the case.  Now this makes a lot more sense.  It actually makes sense.  However, I spent 10 minutes during the test and almost 1 hr afterwards trying to figure it out.  I still got 18/24 right - and I could have done sooo much better.  Kind of like troubleshooting a computer when either a) it is not plugged in or b) it is not turned on.  Either way you can spend a lot of time trying to figure something out when the obvious is not taken care of.  Similar to missing 'EXCEPT' in other sections of the LSAT...

Thanks and good luck to all taking the test this Monday !!!