Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: St. John's  (Read 815 times)

Nellabella

• View Profile
St. John's
« on: June 08, 2005, 11:29:39 AM »
So I'm on St. John's waitlist and just got accepted to NYLS off the waitlist.  I really really want to go to St. John's.  Is there anything that I could do to find out if I have a chance of getting in?? I've been calling them and they keep saying that they will be using the waitlist.  They've been saying this for about 3 months now and I haven't heard of anyone getting off of it. I don't want to put in a deposit at NYLS and then get in to St.John's.  I know that a lot of people are having this problem now but does anyone have any ideas??

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: St. John's
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 05:49:55 PM »
what r u numbers?

Unknown601

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 10:12:16 PM »
Well to look in another direction, how much is the deposit and what are their refund/partial refund policies on deposits. I'm not sure what your specific situaion is but a lot of ppl send in a deposit to where they get in and then if they get in where they really want to go, they sacrifice that deposit. Of course that may not be something everyone is willing to do but its definately worth considering.

Nellabella

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2005, 09:02:34 AM »
what r u numbers?

151/155 3.5  I sent in a letter of continued interest and 2 additional letters of rec.  Should I just forget about getting in?

AEW100

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2005, 09:43:01 AM »
I'm in the same boat, Nella.  I got into a few schoools and put down a deposit at one, but really want to go to St. John's.  I thought they were going to start pulling from the waitlist in June but I have not heard of any movement.  I've sent in an additional LOR and a few letters of continued interest.  It's so frustrating!  If I were you, I'd defnintely put down a deposit at NYLS.  At least you have the security of knowing you have a seat somewhere.  I hope we hear something soon!

Nellabella

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2005, 09:47:42 AM »
Maybe St. John's changed their mind about using the waitlist?  I haven't heard anything at all about it. I guess I will just put my deposit in at NYLS and leave it up to fate. 

AEW:  Where else are you considering?

AEW100

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 09:54:53 AM »
I bet they'll still use it but not until later in the summer.  I heard their second deposit due date was June 1, so they are probably still figuring out how many seats they have open, etc.  I have a deposit in at Suffolk, so I'll be going there if I don't hear from SJU soon!

abc2103

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2005, 09:49:27 AM »
Some guy on LSN just posted that he got in off the WL so hopefully that bodes well for the rest of us!
Attending: Brooklyn

AEW100

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 12:10:35 PM »
I know! I saw that today.  I guess that means they're definitely pullling people.  I hope we hear good news soon!

MSUDuster

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2005, 01:04:57 PM »
Yeah, I saw that too.

BUT, i noticed that the only update was 6-9-05: WL,Accepted

He didn't put in his notes section if he was pulled off the wl on 6-9-05 or if he only did the update on 6-9-05. There were a number of schools he updated as 6-9-05. I'm thinking most likely he got off the WL prior, maybe sometime around May when other folks got off.