Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: In at Vanderbilt  (Read 2312 times)

uvablue

• Stats: GPA - 3.5 (UVA), LSAT - 168
    • View Profile
Re: In at Vanderbilt
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2005, 02:38:49 PM »
Well, I called about a week ago and got the feeling the advisor was trying to gauge my interest.  I obviously said it was my top choice, etc...maybe I should've cried and then he'd let me in.  Vandy could single-handly drive me nuts...
ATTENDING: Vanderbilt!! (10K Scholarship)
Accepted: Emory (10K Scholarship)
Waitlist: UVA
Formerly Reserved, but now Waitlisted: Cornell
Denied: Gtown, NYU, Columbia, UMich

uvablue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2005, 10:57:33 AM »
Just got the call.  In off the waitlist, FINALLY!!!  I'm definitely excited and planning to attend.

Just for those curious, I wrote a letter of continuing interest, called and spoke with the main waitlist guy, and visited a week ago.  I think the visit helped the most in my situation.

WashUniv

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2005, 11:09:59 AM »
Just go the call.  In off the waitlist, FINALLY!!!  I'm definitely excited and planning to attend.

Just for those curious, I wrote a letter of continuing interest, called and spoke with the main waitlist guy, and visited a week ago.  I think the visit helped the most in my situation.

Congrats!! Thats awesome.

uvablue

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2005, 03:19:33 PM »
Just go the call.  In off the waitlist, FINALLY!!!  I'm definitely excited and planning to attend.

Thanks, it defnitely made my summer. 

Do any of you other recent accepts know anything about housing?  Is it too late to find a law student as a roommate? Also, is too late to find anything close for a decent price?

btideroll

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2005, 10:05:44 PM »
yeah you can live with my parents. DAMN YOU VANDY FOR REJECTING ME! It was my #1 choice...I went to ugrad down the street and I live literally 10 min from vandy...

oh well!

Do any of you other recent accepts know anything about housing?  Is it too late to find a law student as a roommate? Also, is too late to find anything close for a decent price?

Tristana

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2005, 11:33:11 AM »

Congrats! I am not sure about the roommate situation, but you should still be able to find a place. Try apartmentfinder.com - it's a free service and you tell them the location and price range you are looking for. Good luck!

vandyhopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 08:58:33 PM »

Is anyone in at Vandy and might be planning on going elsewhere? 

Here's my story: I have reliable information that I am at the top of their waitlist.  However, an admissions officer also informed me that a couple of people need to come off of the waiting list in order for me to be accepted.  With my sister going to undergrad there and my girl friend living in ATL, Vandy is perfect for me.  If you are planning on going somewhere else and are holding a spot at vandy, please, please, please notify the admissions office, so that we hopefuls can have a chance.  Otherwise pray for me...

Is anyone wavering on their decision??? Anyone??