Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: BC PWL  (Read 3306 times)

mermistress

• View Profile
    • Email
BC PWL
« on: June 08, 2004, 12:07:03 PM »
has anyone heard any news from bc?  i know that their 2nd deposit was due 6/1 and so i expect that the pwl should start moving sometime this week if it is going to move at all...

kad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: BC PWL
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 06:16:24 PM »
This waitlist is moving...just got off it today.
Good luck!

Doc Holliday

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 02:58:51 AM »
This waitlist is moving...just got off it today.
Good luck!

Congrats! How'd they notify you, and where are you going now if not BC?

kad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 01:14:35 PM »
Thanks,
I actually called yesterday to see if spring grades had come in and that I was still interested, then got a call later on the same day telling me that I've been accepted. Right now I'm headed to Tulane but I only have a week to decide what to do!! :o

feelthenoize

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 01:45:47 PM »
What kind of follow-up did you do?  I've sent them letters and called so I'm wondering if their decisions are just arbitrary.

mermistress

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 03:05:56 PM »
congratulations, kad!  what are your numbers?

kad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 12:31:27 PM »
164/3.25 Columbia undergrad, finishing master's up right now....
I've been sending letters in and calling maybe once or twice a month to check my status, I think I lucked out by calling when they were in the middle of reviewing to be honest...but they give you literally a week to decide if you want to go so be prepared if the call does come.

Prof. Kingsfield

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 12:16:10 PM »
Has anyone else heard anything?

I find it strange that only 1 person has gotten in. (No one has updated LS Numbers or anything)

Starting to freak out!

mermistress

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 12:30:25 PM »
I still haven't heard anything (and neither have any of the bc pwlisted posters on xoxohth)

i called yesterday and the woman i spoke with said that they were just starting to review pwl files and that selected candidates should start to hear sometime in the next 2 weeks. she was polite but abrupt and did not even give me the opportunity to identify myself.

i wouldn't worry too much yet b/c it seems as though only one person received a call and rumor has it that bc was short on their projected deposits this year...

kad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 01:52:54 PM »
Mermistress,
I agree, the Admissions Office is a little brief on the phone. When I had called they told me that 'several hundred' people were on the waitlist but that the number was decreasing as time went on, and that they would take 'a couple' from the PWL. I don't know how many that means but it would make sense that they might have been slightly under-enrolled.

FYI, sent my app in December got PWL about two weeks later, so I doubt they even read my application at that point. They probably wanted to be conservative with their admits so they could increase their yield pulling from the waitlist, I think.