Law School Discussion

A (comprehensive) list of all June's LR questions - please add! 1 more to go!

dw

Gas v Electric car question ..... Did the correct anwser have the statement " ..... since it looks at a short period of time vs the life of the car" or something like that?

I hope I rocked the test too.  I know I missed one or two that have been posted on here (Baby/music comes to mind), but it happens to the best of us unless we have any 180-scorers this exam.

Ok, I did disagree with you on that one.  And you probably go that maladaptive one right, which I think I screwed up.

which question was this?

#21 on the above list.  The question was what function the statement plaed, and the statement was something about maladaptive traits not surviving in a species.  I think I picked conclusion for that, which I haven't heard a single other person say.  But I don't remember the details, so I may be wrong about what I picked.  (I know I picked conclusion for at least two questions that both asked what function a particular part of the stim, because I noticed it and thought it was weird that it was the same answer both times.  Probably it wasn't.  Oh well.)

John Galt

The one about teacher evaluations will be the assumption that students can accurately critique the professors. The argument falls apart without it.

Also I think the money financial market question is something to do with them being similar. I seemed to be so sure on test day. so....

wrong and wrong.

dissatisfied students will not be more inclined to submit online evals is the credited response

and, whatever is true of money is true of financial markets would be an incorrect reversal going by the stimulus. So its definitely the wrong answer.

B.K.

• View Profile
Bump. Does anyone know the answer to DW's question about the gas/electric car question. I know the answer choice I picked had something about comparing a short period of time versus the entire life of the car.

Unfortunately, DW, I think this was not the answer choice with "deception" in it. I think we mighta just picked the wrong answer...we'll see so soon.

But if anyone else has a clear memory of this question/answers, please help.

du-can

• View Profile
    • lsn
nope sorry, the deception answer was different. 

Leshy

• Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
Bump. Does anyone know the answer to DW's question about the gas/electric car question. I know the answer choice I picked had something about comparing a short period of time versus the entire life of the car.

Unfortunately, DW, I think this was not the answer choice with "deception" in it. I think we mighta just picked the wrong answer...we'll see so soon.

But if anyone else has a clear memory of this question/answers, please help.

The speaker in the stimulus of this question was comparing gas and electric cars using statistics.  Unfortunately, he deceptively used the stats to support his argument, in a way that only gave part of the picture.  Therefore the answer was something to the effect of "uses statistics deceptively."

B.K.

• View Profile
Oh well, can't win 'em all. Thanks for the responses though.

dw

Hi Brooklyn.... Thanks for bringing this one back up (Gas vs Electric Car), looks like we were wrong in choosing our anwser, looks like we fell for the trap based on the short term vs life of the car.  I actually gave up on anyone responding since I asked this about a week ago.  I think we chose this since the 2nd half of this anwser looked sooooo good, but it was not inaqerate, just DECEPTIVE