Law School Discussion

A (comprehensive) list of all June's LR questions - please add! 1 more to go!

slangforchris

Re: A (comprehensive) list of all June's LR questions - please add!
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2005, 09:12:52 AM »
Did anyone have the question about with the premis that six month old babies being more interested in music with certain interval scales. it concluded that therefore, all humans are innately predisposed to prefer certain interval scales.  I think it was a strengthen question, and i picked that none of the babies had been exposed to the music before they were six months old. Anyone??? Anyone??

Ya, I remember that one now.  I think it was a weaken question actually.  The answer I came up with is that the babies had previously been exposed to music from a wide variety of cultures.  That would therefore weaken the theory of genetic predisposition, since they'd already been exposed to those interval scales that are "so common in the music in so many cultures."

Does anyone else remember this one?

I remember it as a strengthen question as well and picked the answer choice that said they had not previously been exposed to other music.

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2005, 09:15:01 AM »
Did anyone have the question about with the premis that six month old babies being more interested in music with certain interval scales. it concluded that therefore, all humans are innately predisposed to prefer certain interval scales.  I think it was a strengthen question, and i picked that none of the babies had been exposed to the music before they were six months old. Anyone??? Anyone??

Ya, I remember that one now.  I think it was a weaken question actually.  The answer I came up with is that the babies had previously been exposed to music from a wide variety of cultures.  That would therefore weaken the theory of genetic predisposition, since they'd already been exposed to those interval scales that are "so common in the music in so many cultures."

Does anyone else remember this one?

I think that was a strengthen actually.  And I put they were exposed to NO music because that would strengthen the arg that they preferred those intervals.

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2005, 09:15:16 AM »
I also put that they were exposed to no music.

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005, 09:15:57 AM »
Different question....the ink one is from the medication/blemish. Anyways I remember that it had the detective saying he could find suspects from the ink markings. I selected an answer (weaken) that said many cartridges/drums produce the same flaws in the same place. Something like that.

I chose that many cartridges are manufactured with the same exact nick.  That would weaken the arg that they can always find the precise printer it was printed from.

Leshy

• Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2005, 09:16:49 AM »
I remember it as a strengthen question as well and picked the answer choice that said they had not previously been exposed to other music.

Maybe I'm thinking of it backwards.  Anyway, I know there was only one choice that had previous exposure to music in it, so I'm sure that's what I put (since I remember picking the answer that included that phrase), and that seems to be correct.

« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2005, 09:19:45 AM »
i think the baby question is a strengthen question. and i dont remember that there is a choice saying "they don;t get exposed to the music" i think it was " they were exposed to the music" so i chose the one saying young adults have the same preference.

« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2005, 09:21:14 AM »
A few points:

On student evals of teachers, I chose that it assumed that they could still submit an accurate assessment before the end of the term.  Otherwise the arg would fall apart.

For self-deprecating humor, I put that humor that wasn't self-deprecating would be viewed even more positively.  My reasoning was that it was still to your advantage if you didn't put yourself down even if that was viewed well because it would be viewed less well than if you did not.

« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2005, 09:24:04 AM »
Yeah that's what I put for the self-depreciation question. because those employees are evaluated positively even though they are self-depreciating could also mean that they would be evaluated more positively if they are not self-depreicating at all. I dont see two different groups in this argument.

A few points:

On student evals of teachers, I chose that it assumed that they could still submit an accurate assessment before the end of the term.  Otherwise the arg would fall apart.

For self-deprecating humor, I put that humor that wasn't self-deprecating would be viewed even more positively.  My reasoning was that it was still to your advantage if you didn't put yourself down even if that was viewed well because it would be viewed less well than if you did not.

B.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2005, 09:24:12 AM »
There was aslo an assumption question about reading widely and being a naturally gifted writer...I can't remember what I picked, but did anyone else have this question? Remember there answer choice?

Also, about the gasoline versus electric cars. I was deciding between X's argument was deceptive ( which was A) something else...i cant remember exactly how it was worded,(i think it was D) but it had to do with the overall life span of the car being more important in evaluating it. Do people remember this answer choice? Anyone else pick it?

« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2005, 09:25:58 AM »
There was aslo an assumption question about reading widely and being a naturally gifted writer...I can't remember what I picked, but did anyone else have this question? Remember there answer choice?

Also, about the gasoline versus electric cars. I was deciding between X's argument was deceptive ( which was A) something else...i cant remember exactly how it was worded,(i think it was D) but it had to do with the overall life span of the car being more important in evaluating it. Do people remember this answer choice? Anyone else pick it?

I think the correct answer is A which has "deceptive" in its wording.