Law School Discussion

A (comprehensive) list of all June's LR questions - please add! 1 more to go!

Leshy

• Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
Re: A (comprehensive) list of all June's LR questions - please add!
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2005, 08:48:55 AM »
There is an argument question that I got hung up on but seemed like it should have been easy. It was about a medicine being pulled off the market or something and side effects that include inflammation and in the response it mentioned blemishes. Anyone recall that one? Near the beginning I believe

Yes, I think it was the first question on the second LR section.  It was a point at issue question with 2 different speakers, and the answer I put was "the company gave enough justification for pulling the drug"

hxwop

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2005, 08:52:04 AM »
was there a question where "blemish" or something about ink in the answer choice?

« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2005, 08:53:24 AM »
There is an argument question that I got hung up on but seemed like it should have been easy. It was about a medicine being pulled off the market or something and side effects that include inflammation and in the response it mentioned blemishes. Anyone recall that one? Near the beginning I believe

Yes, I think it was the first question on the second LR section. It was a point at issue question with 2 different speakers, and the answer I put was "the company gave enough justification for pulling the drug"

i vaguely remember choosing something like that and it was on first page

Leshy

• Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2005, 09:00:43 AM »
was there a question where "blemish" or something about ink in the answer choice?

Yes!  Ok here it is:

Some guy (I think a detective) says that laser printers that have a defective drum print papers with a certain blemish on it, and that everything they print will have that blemish.  He went on to conlcude that if we can find the laser printer that prints things with the exact same blemish, we can find out who is behind everything.  The question asked you weaken the argument and the answer I chose was something like "there are many printers with that blemish" or something.  One answer choice said that printers sometimes print text over the blemish making it hard to read.  I don't really remember the other answer choices.....

B.K.

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2005, 09:04:24 AM »
I too picked that they disagreed about whether or not the company was justified in pulling the medicine.

By the way, for the ahe 57-62 question, I picked something totally different than everyone else...now I'm starting to have doubts, but at the time i was pretty confident. I chose that more people are moving IN to town/country X than moving out. I chose that because the conclusion stated that the NUMBER of older people is increasing ( I think, although now i really don't remember)...but they used an increased average figure as the premise. so i figured that knowing that there were in fact more people would strengthen the conclusion. what do y'all think of this? totally off?

Also, to add to the list. Again, one of my LR was experimental, so i'm not sure if this one was experimental or not---please let me know. Did anyone have the question about with the premis that six month old babies being more interested in music with certain interval scales. it concluded that therefore, all humans are innately predisposed to prefer certain interval scales.  I think it was a strengthen question, and i picked that none of the babies had been exposed to the music before they were six months old. Anyone??? Anyone??

Geddon187

« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2005, 09:05:51 AM »
question--computers in secondary school instead of laboratory experiments

The stem stated that using computers meant the students would not have any understanding of lab skills.  I thought the asnwer was that some teachers perform lab experiments while the students watch.  The studetns would then still be able to understand lab techniques even though they did experiments primarily on computers.

Pretty sure it was "learn how to use lab equipment"

« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2005, 09:06:04 AM »
Different question....the ink one is from the medication/blemish. Anyways I remember that it had the detective saying he could find suspects from the ink markings. I selected an answer (weaken) that said many cartridges/drums produce the same flaws in the same place. Something like that.

« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2005, 09:07:54 AM »
Another one...

Question was about salt water underneath a city that salts the streets during the winter.

Answer was that the salt level was 90 twenty years ago.

Leshy

• Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2005, 09:09:24 AM »
Did anyone have the question about with the premis that six month old babies being more interested in music with certain interval scales. it concluded that therefore, all humans are innately predisposed to prefer certain interval scales.  I think it was a strengthen question, and i picked that none of the babies had been exposed to the music before they were six months old. Anyone??? Anyone??

Ya, I remember that one now.  I think it was a weaken question actually.  The answer I came up with is that the babies had previously been exposed to music from a wide variety of cultures.  That would therefore weaken the theory of genetic predisposition, since they'd already been exposed to those interval scales that are "so common in the music in so many cultures."

Does anyone else remember this one?

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2005, 09:11:24 AM »
i thought babies was strenghten...not sure about choices