Law School Discussion

A (comprehensive) list of all June's LR questions - please add! 1 more to go!

hxwop

• View Profile
Re: A (comprehensive) list of all June's LR questions - please add!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 08:13:18 AM »
Ok here's another one.

The advice given to most people looking for a job is to use self-deprecating humor during the job interview.  Then, it talks about how most managers who whose self-deprecating humor have employees that see them as reasonable or something.  It was a flaw questions and the answer was it confuses the actions of one group with the another or something along those lines...

what were the other answer choices???

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 08:15:48 AM »
is there one with an answer where one particular group of students cannot be more inclined to report performance of professors than another group of students?

it was premise needed for setting up new computer evaluation programs to give more evenly distributed/accurate evaluations?

yes thats what i picked...the people with bad comments are not more inclined to report than other ppl.  A defender answer for an assumption question.
there was an answer that says how students can evaluate well before the end of semester
and another one that says the bad comments won't be submitted more than the good ones..
i picked the latter.

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 08:16:38 AM »
What was the question for the "chess tournament" answer??

i forgot the question stem..but the answer choices were like
mary is a good chess player but since she didn't win previously, she won't win this game
and theer was another one bout how a team player didn't win so a team doesn't win...

Ah yes, I remember now. Good, I picked that answer :)

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 08:22:08 AM »
We should also add the question about insects and flexible behavior, where the answer was that insects are exclusively instinctual.

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 08:23:59 AM »
For the more ppl aged 65 question, how does the answer less people under 18 strengthen the conclusion? that just strengthens the fact that the average age would increase to 57, it doesn't help with the conclusion that there are more 65 year olds.

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 08:27:02 AM »
For the more ppl aged 65 question, how does the answer less people under 18 strengthen the conclusion? that just strengthens the fact that the average age would increase to 57, it doesn't help with the conclusion that there are more 65 year olds.

The answer choice wasn't that there are less people under 18, it was that there are more people under 18, and therefore for the average age to rise to 57 from 52 in spite of this then the number of people 65+ probably rose by an even greater amount. This should be the right answer, since birth rate dropping cannot be the right answer (it would mean that the average age was rising from that fact alone, and it was not necessary that the number of people over 65 was rising to pull up the average age)

Leshy

• Ken is my idol.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 08:39:07 AM »
What was the question for the "chess tournament" answer??

Some physicists believe that quantum mechanics explains something or other.  However, they are wrong.  Throughout history, there have been many theories that, when they were proposed, seemed to be complete.  Yet they always get disproved and replaced by another theory.  Therefore, this theory will also get disproved.

Obviously, the answer was Mary and the chess tournament.  The only other answer choice I remember was something like "This swimmer has failed to meet expectations.  Therefore, the swim team will fail to meet expectations."

slangforchris

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2005, 08:43:13 AM »
question--computers in secondary school instead of laboratory experiments

The stem stated that using computers meant the students would not have any understanding of lab skills.  I thought the asnwer was that some teachers perform lab experiments while the students watch.  The studetns would then still be able to understand lab techniques even though they did experiments primarily on computers.

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2005, 08:45:45 AM »
But stating that there is more ppl under 18 still does not strengthen it, it's just as likely that there was a large rise in ppl aged 60 that increased the average if this were the case.

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2005, 08:46:27 AM »
There is an argument question that I got hung up on but seemed like it should have been easy. It was about a medicine being pulled off the market or something and side effects that include inflammation and in the response it mentioned blemishes. Anyone recall that one? Near the beginning I believe