Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: @#$%!!!  (Read 2145 times)

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
@#$%!!!
« on: June 08, 2004, 11:25:47 AM »
ok, so, I'm taking a summer course, right?  BUt the dates and times weren't annouced until... well... TODAY.  Note that classes were meant to start on June 1.  Now, I'm thinking "I'll still be able to study for the LSAT because like all 3 credit courses, it will probably meet 1-2 hours a day on 2-3 days a week."  But then... behold! the class is only on 3 DAYS!! Two of which are this friday and saturday... from 9am-2pm.  I was all ready to just drop the course when the lady called me and laid this guilt trip on me... saying that if I drop out there won't be enough people for the course... and that she started planning the seminar already.. and that the other students really want to take it... and what a bad position I'd put her in if I dropped out.  AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ginatio

Re: @#$%!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 11:30:13 AM »
forget her, it's her problem. let her deal with it. you need to look out for number one.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 11:34:36 AM »
Unfortunatly I agree... You may just have to be the ass.  Unless you feel like you will be missing out by not taking the class.  And something else to consider is 9-2 leaves 2-9, if you won't get burnt out.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 11:43:22 AM »
Well, I'm doing a masters in bioethics... and it's a very small department.  If she gets mad at me and goes around telling people how I ditched her at the last minute and ruined the class, it might not be good for my reputation.  And I kinda need a good evalution from someone in the department.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 11:44:17 AM »
Gotcha, so you have more invested in it than just the class.  It looks like you have a toughie there.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2004, 11:58:35 AM »
I would have to say screw her and drop it.  It's her fault and the department's fault for not issuing times sooner, or perhaps she could have drummed up more interest in the class.

You have to take into consideration that the lsat is perhaps one of the most important tests you'll take in your career, since you've decided to go to law school.  You should just explain to the woman that this is your situtation, and you're really very sorry, but due to the importance of this test, you can't jeopardize your score for the sole reason of the class being cancelled.  Despite the fact that it's a small department, the costs of stressing yourself out and hurting your score, are, in my opinion, greater than whatever minor effect this woman may have on your reputation.  If it's such a small department, other professors should have had their own dealings with you, and will have made their own opinion of you.  It shouldn't change much just because this woman has an issue.

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 11:59:19 AM »
Gotcha, so you have more invested in it than just the class.  It looks like you have a toughie there.

I think I'll be ok.  I'll just have to use my time more wisely.  Like stop reading this board so damn much! ;)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 12:00:55 PM »
This is using your time wisely!  We're a support group!  We keep you sane!  Or at least that's how I justify it to myself...

I doubt my supervisor at work would agree...

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 12:02:20 PM »
yeah, thanks... that's true! ;)

jgruber

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 01:31:36 PM »
Sane?  Did someone say sane?