Law School Discussion

@#$%!!!

Dante Hicks

• Whatchoo lookin at?
    • View Profile
Re: @#$%!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 10:41:11 AM »
You really put that lady and your fellow classmates over a barrel Skittles.  They were really counting on that class too.  For shame.

;D

lexie0502

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 12:14:36 PM »
DUDE! DROP THE CLASS!  i mean there got to be SOMEONE in the WHOLE department that could support you.  And I am sure that if you explained to her YOU extenuating circumstances that she would totally understand (did u try doing that?!)...  When it comes down to it, you dont want to be exhausted from these summer classes the weekend before your *big important test which you have been studying for wiked madly for like months!*  I would def drop the class if i were u.  I mean at the end of the day it's ur call...but i mean i'm not a quitter or anything and i'm sure there will be a lot of difficult circumstances like this... and i'm sure ur a good fighter and could manage to get through this weekend, but taking the LSAT is stressful enough as it is... I would totally at this point focus on the LSAT... 

But if u dont wanna drop I would talk to her...Maybe you can make up the classes anytime after JUNE 14th! explain to her you situation and obviously this is a zero-sum game situation we're looking at... and in this situation.  explain to her that if the two of you collaborate in her letting you stay in the calss and you making up the classes later on (skipping these classes this week) that you both win and you'll both be happy at the end of the day. so good luck and let us know how it turns out!

all the best
-Lexie

Jeremy

• I see you...
    • View Profile
    • Jeremyandlaw
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 12:25:18 PM »
look...if you're not going to drop the class, I would at least have them give you the class, if not for free, than for a seriously discounted price.  YOU have them by the balls, not the other way around.  Lay your cards on the table and tell them that you'll stay and help everyone else out including the mindless teacher if they will not charge you for the class.  You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 12:33:59 PM »
look...if you're not going to drop the class, I would at least have them give you the class, if not for free, than for a seriously discounted price.  YOU have them by the balls, not the other way around.  Lay your cards on the table and tell them that you'll stay and help everyone else out including the mindless teacher if they will not charge you for the class.  You gotta know when to hold 'em and know when to fold 'em.

It would be nice if it worked that way, but the people in charge of the money don't really give a *&^% if a class is cancelled of if a teacher/students are inconvienced.

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2004, 12:37:52 PM »
DUDE! DROP THE CLASS!  i mean there got to be SOMEONE in the WHOLE department that could support you.  And I am sure that if you explained to her YOU extenuating circumstances that she would totally understand (did u try doing that?!)... 

Oh I talked to her.  I talked to for awhile.  I kept explaining how important the LSAT is and how I need that time... but she just kept going on and on about how stressed she was and how she wouldn't have even done this class if I hadn't signed up and blah blah blah blah blah  There is seriously something wrong with her. But she said I could leave a few hours early on saturday, so... it will work out.

jacy85

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 12:50:02 PM »
If the class is cancelled, they have to refund your money.  You don't pay for goods not received/services not rendered.

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 12:53:14 PM »
If the class is cancelled, they have to refund your money.  You don't pay for goods not received/services not rendered.

Yeah, but, there's another problem... there's only 4 classes offered over the summer that I can use for my masters.  I need to take 3.  So if this one is dropped, I'd have to sign up for the only other one available, and I don't know if that's started yet or what. (for all I know it was cancelled). 

Dante Hicks

• Whatchoo lookin at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2004, 05:21:13 PM »
There's only one way to fix this problem now Skittles...you'll have to sleep with her.

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2004, 05:51:16 PM »
There's only one way to fix this problem now Skittles...you'll have to sleep with her.

Ew... not that I wouldn't do a girl, but this one's old enough to be my mom.