Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAT June to October Question, Help Please!!  (Read 555 times)

jamesrhino

• View Profile
    • Email
LSAT June to October Question, Help Please!!
« on: June 08, 2004, 09:26:32 AM »
Hello,

I am thinking about changing my test date to October from June.  Although I have studied hard, I believe that there are some elements that I am fundamentally lacking or not grasping.  I can do fine when not timed, but under the timing pressure, things fall apart.

My only concern is that I have done every test preps from 2-40 so far.  With what or how should I study during the next 4 months from now, if I were to change my test date?

It is extremely important for me to get above 170.

Thanks for your advice in advance.

newguy

• View Profile
Re: LSAT June to October Question, Help Please!!
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 02:06:51 PM »
if you have done most of the test preps then either 1) you have probably maxed out not everyone gets a 170+, 2) you had poor study habits and can improve more, but if you have thoroughly prepared just take it, no sense in waiting especially since you have used most of the real LSAT questions already.

its a timed test its not supposed to be easy in the 35 minutes for each section, that being said you can miss about 10 questions and still get a 170

jamesrhino

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 04:26:41 PM »
Thanks for your time and thoughts.  I appreciate it.

utaustin

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.36/164
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 08:30:32 PM »
While taking it and getting it over seems to be the consensus...

I'm in the same boat as you. Getting less than a 170 would not be desirable and taking the June test is not imperative on me.

Have you checked all other materials? There's a difference between getting a question right and knowing why you got the question right. I just finished a Princeton Review course tonight. I haven't worked the Nova "master the lsat" nor have a fully worked the Powerscore logic games bible. Those are two sources I'll be working on in the meantime.

As far as the preptests are concerned, I would rework each one of them. They no longer hold any value as indicators (since they're old material) but looking over the entire pile will allow you to see patterns and make connections not previously possible.

If you give yourself more time, you will at least know conclusively that you've done everything you could. If you take it in June and you don't feel as prepared as you should, then you'll kick yourself in July for being hasty. It's not the SAT, you should only take it once.

Sit for the June test, sleep on it, the next morning you can decide to keep it or cancel it. Do that much at least.

jamesrhino

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2004, 09:33:12 PM »
While taking it and getting it over seems to be the consensus...

I'm in the same boat as you. Getting less than a 170 would not be desirable and taking the June test is not imperative on me.

Have you checked all other materials? There's a difference between getting a question right and knowing why you got the question right. I just finished a Princeton Review course tonight. I haven't worked the Nova "master the lsat" nor have a fully worked the Powerscore logic games bible. Those are two sources I'll be working on in the meantime.

As far as the preptests are concerned, I would rework each one of them. They no longer hold any value as indicators (since they're old material) but looking over the entire pile will allow you to see patterns and make connections not previously possible.

If you give yourself more time, you will at least know conclusively that you've done everything you could. If you take it in June and you don't feel as prepared as you should, then you'll kick yourself in July for being hasty. It's not the SAT, you should only take it once.

Sit for the June test, sleep on it, the next morning you can decide to keep it or cancel it. Do that much at least.

Thanks so much for your advice.  It was really helpful.