Author Topic: ipod  (Read 605 times)

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
ipod
« on: June 06, 2005, 09:13:34 PM »
is it worth the 300$+ for the 20 GB or more model?

or what about the ipod mini?

BraveheartDC

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Tribe!
    • View Profile
Re: ipod
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 09:44:01 PM »
get the ipod mini.  any more space is not worth the cost.  and the ipod shuffle sucks--you can't pick the exact song/cd you want.  i have a mini and love it.  trust me, if you are going to get an ipod, this is the ONLY one to get.
3.80 UGPA + 161 LSAT

Attending: William & Mary

Accepted off waitlist: William & Mary

Accepted: George Mason (withdrawn), University of Florida (withdrawn), Florida St. + $4K/YR (withdrawn), & American (withdrawn)

Waitlist: University of Virginia

Denied: Georgetown & University of Texas

karl marx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 10:02:44 PM »
f that.  get a bigger one.  I have a 10 gig, and I can fit about half my mp3's on it.  I got mine a couple of years ago when that was the middle level.  I wish I had a bigger one.  of course, I'm probably a musical outlier.  I just like the idea of the being able to have all of my music with me at all times in case I want to listen to something.

tip:  depending on where you live or where you will live, you might want to get some non-iPod white headphones.  thieves are using those to spot potential theft victims on streets.  besides, the iPod earbuds are pretty bad.  no bass.

BraveheartDC

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Tribe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 10:35:14 PM »
i might be wrong, but i think the mini has 4 gig.  i have a shitload of songs on it and still have some empty space.  unless you have a REDICULOUS amount of songs....and i mean like SEVERAL thousand, get the mini.
3.80 UGPA + 161 LSAT

Accepted: George Mason (withdrawn), University of Florida (withdrawn), Florida St. + $4K/YR (withdrawn), & American (withdrawn)

karl marx

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 10:46:10 PM »
I have several thousand songs and don't consider that ridiculous in the least bit.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 11:42:42 PM »
Unless the slight difference in size makes a difference to you, get the full-size. You never know when the extra space willl come in handy; either for more songs or to back up your computer. Remember that if you are (or will be) a student, Apple has a student discount on iPods; $30 off the standard and photo versions.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.

BraveheartDC

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Tribe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 09:23:53 AM »
as someone mentioned...the size difference could also be key.  i'd say it's more than a slight difference.  i use mine to work out a lot.  if you plan to do this, or use it in nondescript ways, go with the mini.

i also endorsed the mini because everyone i know who got the mini loves it, and most everyone i know who got the big one wishes they got the mini.

the average mini holds roughly 1250 songs.  let's say a cd holds 12 songs...that's more than 104 cd's worth of songs.  compare that with the normal ipod, which will hold in the ballpark of 6,500 songs--that's more than 520 cds.  if you have 520 cds you're dying to download onto your computer and transfer to your ipod, or you are rich and want to buy an anus load of songs at 99 cents a pop, go for it.  but the mini is really plenty of space for most people.
3.80 UGPA + 161 LSAT

elemnopee

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 09:33:02 AM »
If you have less than a 1000 songs I'd go with the mini. 

Also they come in cool colors, use your student discount and save 10 percent.

ASNetlenov

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 10:47:00 AM »
Isn't the bigger one easier to navigate? 4 gigs should be plenty of space, but you may want to consider the interfacing options as well.

bruin

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • lsn profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 11:27:30 PM »
I have had the big one (15gig-3rd generation) for almost a year now, and am glad I have it over the mini. I have around 6gigs of music, I like not having to sync it with my computer to change songs, it fits all the music that I own and then some. And as I mentioned earlier, you can use the extra space to back up files from your computer.
Attending UVa
Click below for more info
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?cycle=0405&user=bruin04
Come on, I know you want to click me.