Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: prepcourse advice please  (Read 579 times)

lexie0502

prepcourse advice please
« on: June 07, 2004, 11:53:35 PM »
Hey all!

I'm looking to take the LSAT in Oct and needed some advice...  I just finished up with a Princeton Review prepcourse and thought that I was going to take the June test, but have postponed till Oct.  My score went up 11 points from my first score of 141 to a 152 :-\  , but I would like to raise it to 160+ so I am thinking of takin the PowerScore full prepcourse.  My question is how is the full course different from the weekend course? 

Also, when i was with Princetion Review, I only studied from their workbooks and from the 10 Actual LSATs book.  I have already ordered the Logic Games Bible and preordered the Args Bible... Are there any other worthy books that have helped u gus? 

Thanks guys! I'm tryign to stay optimistic about all of this...  I really hope whatever I do in the next 4 months will help be to reach my goal of 160+!  :)

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: prepcourse advice please
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 12:11:03 AM »
I am finishing up the Powerscore full-length course and taking the June test.
I don't know what the week end course is like but I can tell you the full-length course is awesome.  You get 80 hours of classroom instruction and the four practice tests add another 16 hours.  Other prep classes mislead people on this because they count the 16 hours of practice testing as part of their total instruction hours.

You get 5 or 6 workbooks for the course, plus a take home supplement that has about 12 actual LSATs.  A separate book holds the four practice tests.

The course breaks down each concept into its simplest elements and then intensely drills each element.  So by the time you get to the end of all the elements in a particular concept, putting it all together is as simple as playing with building blocks.  There is a tremendous amount of homework for each lesson, but it's understood that many people wont be able to complete it all.  The have suggestions as to how to do as much of each lesson's homework as possible.  Naturally, the more you do, the better the results, but good results are still possible even if you don't do all the homework.

I started out with a 141 and my last practice test was a 164.  Classes average about 8 to 12 people.  They have a Homework Hotline that operates Mon to Fri from 3 to 8 pm.  If you need help on particular questions, an instructor will walk you through it.  It's like having a private tutor available without the expense.

Don't forget that Powerscore's Logical Reasoning Bible comes out in August.  If it is anything like the Logic Games Bible, it will be awesome.

NO I DON'T WORK FOR POWERSCORE, I'm just a very, very, very satisfied customer.

Rachel

qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: prepcourse advice please
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 12:13:56 AM »
Hey all!

I'm looking to take the LSAT in Oct and needed some advice...  I just finished up with a Princeton Review prepcourse and thought that I was going to take the June test, but have postponed till Oct.  My score went up 11 points from my first score of 141 to a 152 :-\  , but I would like to raise it to 160+ so I am thinking of takin the PowerScore full prepcourse.  My question is how is the full course different from the weekend course? 

Also, when i was with Princetion Review, I only studied from their workbooks and from the 10 Actual LSATs book.  I have already ordered the Logic Games Bible and preordered the Args Bible... Are there any other worthy books that have helped u gus? 

Thanks guys! I'm tryign to stay optimistic about all of this...  I really hope whatever I do in the next 4 months will help be to reach my goal of 160+!  :)

IMHO you should not take another prep course.

it would be a waste of your $$$.

Instead, pick up "10 more actual, official LSAT", along with "next 10 actual, official LSAT" [i think it will be out in mid june, from what i heard]...and all the other most recent prep tests [i think you can get the october 2003 one the latest, not sure]....anyways...the LSAT is a very practicable test, with enough practice you can get a very high score.

good luck!