Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: June Waitlist Fallout  (Read 2591 times)

FinerWoman

• View Profile
Re: June Waitlist Fallout
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2005, 10:26:47 PM »
i turned down my spot and scholarship, and yes, i just got 2 letters last week asking me to reconsider, etc and that I could still send deposists.  I will call them and formally withdraw to hopefully open up a seat for one of you guys! now, someone please do the same for me at usc!!!

Good luck. I gave up my spot at USC and $$$.  Hopefully it'll be yours.
Attending: Penn (2006)
Accepted: Cornell $$, USC $$, Temple $$

brutal264

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 12:32:15 AM »
There is a trickle-down effect! (hopefully)

Antelope, I'm the same position about BLS. Your #s seem like you have a good shot for WL, and our indexes are the same, so here's to hope!

ASNetlenov

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2005, 08:53:26 AM »
Did y'all see the note in the Boston thread saying that there is a conference this week and this may delay decisions somewhat? Has anyone else heard anything about this?

schnorer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2005, 10:16:01 AM »
I'm also waiting for an answer from them. I'm a waitlisted candidate and i just sent in my letter of continued interest and i had a judge send in a letter of recommendation for me.
Now i have a question for you guys-do you think that a letter of recommendation from a staff attorney at the SEC will help or its not worth much?

ASNetlenov

« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2005, 11:39:31 AM »
It should help a little by showing that you are still interested in the school. It can't hurt at this point either.

HurryUpAndWait

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2005, 12:42:27 PM »
There was a week long conference last week.  Just about every dean or director of admissions was at it (I know because every waitlisted school I called told me the dean was at a conference in California). 

I think there is another one this week but I spoke to a few deans in past day or two so I don't think everyone is at that conference.

In terms of delays, I'm sure it will slow down the process a little.  Also, there are some schools that don't have second deposits due till June 15 and few that aren't due till July 1.  I love the continued torture.....

One dean I talked to discretly mentioned to me that at the conference some deans had mentioned that they may be making changes to their classes.  That's all she said.  I don't know what it means and she didn't clarify, but my guess (and this may just be wishful thinking) is that some school are increasing the size of their classes a little.

Did y'all see the note in the Boston thread saying that there is a conference this week and this may delay decisions somewhat? Has anyone else heard anything about this?

tegra8

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2005, 01:58:29 PM »
exceprt from an email from UTK:

Please keep in mind that admissions officers will be at an LSAC conference from May 31 - June 3