Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone watch "Grey's Anatomy?"  (Read 2889 times)

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone watch "Grey's Anatomy?"
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2005, 01:39:12 PM »
And not to totally hijack this thread, but Blondie Girl I saw your question about Michigan.

I took the October and December LSAT. I submitted the Why Michigan essay, a diversity statement and the personal statement. I didn't use an editing service. I had a friend read over my personal statement as well as a lawyer who used to work in admissions. They didn't really have much to say about the essay.

I think the "why michigan" essay was important. I made sure to mention a professor that I wanted to work with in the why mich essay. In the end, I decided not to go to Michigan. But, I loved the people I met during the admit weekend.

Blonde Girl

« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2005, 08:50:36 PM »
Yes, either Oct or Dec.  Haven't decided.

So you took the LSAT twice?  May I ask if there was a score improvement the second time around?

So you go admitted into Michigan?  Where did you decide on attending?

And not to totally hijack this thread, but Blondie Girl I saw your question about Michigan.

I took the October and December LSAT. I submitted the Why Michigan essay, a diversity statement and the personal statement. I didn't use an editing service. I had a friend read over my personal statement as well as a lawyer who used to work in admissions. They didn't really have much to say about the essay.

I think the "why michigan" essay was important. I made sure to mention a professor that I wanted to work with in the why mich essay. In the end, I decided not to go to Michigan. But, I loved the people I met during the admit weekend.

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2005, 07:19:11 AM »
Blondie:

I wrote about my LSAT in a previous post above. I increased my score by 11 points. I just took lots of real LSATs and that enabled me to get used to the test. You start to recognize types of questions and are better able to eliminate wrong answers.

I am somewhat decided about schools, but I have few pending applications. I am pretty much set on UVA. I think Michigan is an amazing school and so many people are in love with the place, but I wasn't. When I visited I felt guilty that I wasn't totally enamored with Michigan when many of the other admitted students believed it was the perfect school for them. I'd rather stay on the east coast and not have a terrible winter.

So you took the LSAT twice?  May I ask if there was a score improvement the second time around?

Blonde Girl

« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2005, 01:21:20 PM »
I second the winter part.

Blondie:

I wrote about my LSAT in a previous post above. I increased my score by 11 points. I just took lots of real LSATs and that enabled me to get used to the test. You start to recognize types of questions and are better able to eliminate wrong answers.

I am somewhat decided about schools, but I have few pending applications. I am pretty much set on UVA. I think Michigan is an amazing school and so many people are in love with the place, but I wasn't. When I visited I felt guilty that I wasn't totally enamored with Michigan when many of the other admitted students believed it was the perfect school for them. I'd rather stay on the east coast and not have a terrible winter.

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2005, 02:26:38 PM »
I second the winter part.

sounds like that boyfriend of yours knew what he doing in going to michigan.  they invented winter there.

SuperMoni

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2005, 11:56:48 PM »
Did anyone ever watch "Girls Club"?  Only 2 episodes aired about 2 years ago and i was in love with it, then the network cancelled it  :'(  It was about 3 young women starting out in a big law firm in San Fran.