Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anyone watch "Grey's Anatomy?"  (Read 3046 times)

Blonde Girl

Anyone watch "Grey's Anatomy?"
« on: June 05, 2005, 11:31:12 PM »
I just love this show to death!  Makes me want to become a surgeon.  Well... not quite. :-\

Though I wonder why there are no other shows like this but that have to do with legal interns/law students.  I mean here we have "The Practice" and "Law & Order."  Shows that are basically geared towards the lawyer & cases but not towards law students going to school & dealing w/their professors & other students, working for a firm and all that good stuff.

I vote for one of the major networks to create a version of "Grey's Anatomy" for law students.  I'd watch it.

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
Re: Anyone watch "Grey's Anatomy?"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 02:37:36 AM »
I think is a great show and the fact that they have so many years of training means the show has potential to last several years.
I'm not sure they could create an interesting enough drama about the lives of law students. We don't make life or death decisions, at least not in law school.
Also, it would have a limited life span, unless they just continued rotating in new students.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 08:33:56 AM »
I really like the show. I started watching it after Desperate Housewives. I expected to hate the show. I thought "here comes another hospital show", but it is actually good. Now, that ER is going down the tubes, it's a nice change. Plus, I think Patrick Dempsey is adorable. I have a slight crush on him  :-*

twarga

• Sr. Citizen
  • Must have cookie! Me like cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 08:49:57 AM »
That girl looks like she's sucking on a lemon... sort of a Renee Zelweiger wannabe.  I might have actually started watching that show if she hadn't been in the previews.
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=twarga

Attending:  Widener DE $$$
Accepted:  Rutgers-Camden, Villanova, Temple
Rejected:  Penn, Harvard

3.0 (3.82), 166

PresClay_00

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 08:52:36 AM »
it's not too bad but i'm irritated that it kicked Boston Legal out of its spot. 

blaqueangel

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 09:10:45 AM »
That girl looks like she's sucking on a lemon... sort of a Renee Zelweiger wannabe.  I might have actually started watching that show if she hadn't been in the previews.

LOL. You are so right. On the surface she looks annoying, but you should give the show another shot. They are re-airing the shows from the beginning. I just think they did a really good job with casting.

And...as for Boston Legal...don't you wish they kept Rebecca DeMornay? My favorite episode was the first one with her. She brought this complexity that made me enjoy the Practice.

be10dwn

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 09:31:55 AM »
I think they should make a law school version!  ;)

PresClay_00

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2005, 09:33:59 AM »
i think the best thing so far for the show was the addition of Candace B.   she's great and plays well off shatner

Blonde Girl

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 09:46:41 AM »
I'm surprised they haven't yet! :-\

I think they should make a law school version!  ;)

Blonde Girl

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 09:53:34 AM »
I also started watching it after Desperate Housewives.  If I had to pick, I actually like it better than Desperate Housewives.

Dempsey is cute, isn't he?!

Do you know when the new season starts?

I really like the show. I started watching it after Desperate Housewives. I expected to hate the show. I thought "here comes another hospital show", but it is actually good. Now, that ER is going down the tubes, it's a nice change. Plus, I think Patrick Dempsey is adorable. I have a slight crush on him  :-*