Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Missing White Female Alert  (Read 12548 times)

_BP_

• Sr. Citizen
  • Think. Wait. Fast.
    • View Profile
Re: Missing White Female Alert
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2005, 02:14:14 AM »
OK I don't know much about Aruba either, but from what I have seen in following this case I have some concerns about Aruba's justice system.
It does appear that the black men were arrested because
one of the three guys she was with claimed "a dark man" grabbed her. It took days before these last people to see her alive were even detained? That strikes me as odd. Word has it these guys were from prominent families.
Not so with the suspects, they were just lower-class guards.
And even if the country is mostly black, white people run the government from what I understand.

That is exactly what Iím saying. These low class guards are still in jail tonight. They were detained because the police were suspicious of them. It does strike me as odd that the police did not see the white boys as being suspicious considering the fact that the were the last ones to see the girl alive. I mean, all you have to do is say ďa dark manĒ did this that and the other and the police will def. find a black man to arrest. The same thing happened with that white girl Susan Smith who killed her kids and blamed it on a black man.     

Muthafucker, I knew it!  I knew it!  Oh well...
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1776 TO 2006

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2005, 09:56:24 AM »
let's not assume that because BP is a West Indian from Barbados that he'd possibly know the demographics of Aruba

perhaps someone here knows better than we do. BP, perhaps?
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2005, 10:17:42 AM »
let's not assume that because BP is a West Indian from Barbados that he'd possibly know the demographics of Aruba

LOLOLOLOLO! :D Yeah..like we know the demographics for negros in the congo.

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2005, 11:01:27 AM »

LOLOLOLOLO! :D Yeah..like we know the demographics for negros in the congo.
co-sign.

OK I don't know much about Aruba either, but from what I have seen in following this case I have some concerns about Aruba's justice system.
It does appear that the black men were arrested because
one of the three guys she was with claimed "a dark man" grabbed her. It took days before these last people to see her alive were even detained? That strikes me as odd. Word has it these guys were from prominent families.
Not so with the suspects, they were just lower-class guards.
And even if the country is mostly black, white people run the government from what I understand.

That is exactly what Iím saying. These low class guards are still in jail tonight. They were detained because the police were suspicious of them. It does strike me as odd that the police did not see the white boys as being suspicious considering the fact that the were the last ones to see the girl alive. I mean, all you have to do is say ďa dark manĒ did this that and the other and the police will def. find a black man to arrest. The same thing happened with that white girl Susan Smith who killed her kids and blamed it on a black man.

Muthafucker, I knew it! I knew it! Oh well...

This is terrible. I know its not the US, but still . . .it could happen here, too. And the sad part is that for us, the racial profiling overshadows the girls disappearance. The girl is gone, but we are concerned about the injustice done to African Americans.  Too bad we can't just focus on crimes when they are committed . . .we still have to consider racism and racial profiling in the mix.  :'( :(

Which leads to further distrust of the legal system by blacks, which continues the spiraling circle of ignorance with respect to legal issues . . .dang.
smujd2007 is now an Attorney at Law!

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
  • You've been Kittled!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2005, 11:18:06 AM »
It happens all the time.  A white person (usually female) does something stupid and then blames the whole situation on "a mysterious black man" in order to get out of trouble.  No matter how far racial attitudes have changed in America in the past 100 years, blacks are still seen as a sinister "other" by a large portion of the population; either through ignorance, racism or both. These people know how to play of the hidden fears of people to their own advantage.

Although, a similar situation happened on the other side of the coin last month in Chicago:

http://www.washtimes.com/upi-breaking/20050427-032009-8035r.htm
http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=abevigoda

Catholic University of America
Columbus School of Law

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2005, 11:30:04 AM »
That needs to be in the wtf thread.  >:(

It happens all the time. A white person (usually female) does something stupid and then blames the whole situation on "a mysterious black man" in order to get out of trouble. No matter how far racial attitudes have changed in America in the past 100 years, blacks are still seen as a sinister "other" by a large portion of the population; either through ignorance, racism or both. These people know how to play of the hidden fears of people to their own advantage.

Although, a similar situation happened on the other side of the coin last month in Chicago:

One Step Ahead

• LSD Obsessed
  • you say you want a revolution
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2005, 11:30:57 AM »
That needs to be in the wtf thread.  >:(

It happens all the time. A white person (usually female) does something stupid and then blames the whole situation on "a mysterious black man" in order to get out of trouble. No matter how far racial attitudes have changed in America in the past 100 years, blacks are still seen as a sinister "other" by a large portion of the population; either through ignorance, racism or both. These people know how to play of the hidden fears of people to their own advantage.

I thought we had already talked about that

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2005, 11:34:25 AM »
Which thread?

Columbus School of Law

smujd2007

• Sr. Citizen
  • January 6, 2007
    • View Profile

Abevigoda

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2005, 11:48:16 AM »
That thread is way too long...sorry to rehash old news but the conversation reminded me of the situation there.  It was quite a big deal here for a week or two (I'm in Chicago).

Columbus School of Law