Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Missing White Female Alert  (Read 13135 times)

LittleRussianPrincess, Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Hopelessly devoted...to the Tennessee Vols!
    • View Profile
Re: Missing White Female Alert
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2005, 10:15:23 PM »

This is the new face of America's new missing white girl. The crazy thing is that they arrested two black men who had nothign to do with her being missing and they are still in jail. A white dude who last saw here had sex with her the night she came up missing and he is walking around free today. Well, at least two negros are locked up. That's all that matters anyway. 

do we know that they had nothing to do with her disappearance?  i didn't think the authorities there were releasing enough details to arrive at such a conclusion.  under their legal system, they can hold them under "suspicion" of a crime and not formally charge them for quite some time.  i don't think they can hold anyone arbitrarily without that suspicion.  i do agree with you on your second point, though.  it is quite troubling that they still don't know who killed her (and since they haven't found her yet, she IS dead).
Russian by birth, Southern by the grace of God.

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2005, 10:17:56 PM »

This is the new face of America's new missing white girl. The crazy thing is that they arrested two black men who had nothign to do with her being missing and they are still in jail. A white dude who last saw here had sex with her the night she came up missing and he is walking around free today. Well, at least two negros are locked up. That's all that matters anyway. 

do we know that they had nothing to do with her disappearance?  i didn't think the authorities there were releasing enough details to arrive at such a conclusion.  under their legal system, they can hold them under "suspicion" of a crime and not formally charge them for quite some time.  i don't think they can hold anyone arbitrarily without that suspicion.  i do agree with you on your second point, though.  it is quite troubling that they still don't know who killed her (and since they haven't found her yet, she IS dead).

yup. We know that. the only "suspicion" regarding the black guys is that they like to talk to a lot of white women at the hotel. that's it. that is why they are in jail toay. but, the white dude who had sex with her if free!? come on now......there is enough suspicion to lock up the black guys but not enough to lock up the white boy who had sex with her that night? 

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2005, 10:20:47 PM »

yup. We know that. the only "suspicion" regarding the black guys is that they like to talk to a lot of white women at the hotel. that's it. that is why they are in jail toay. but, the white dude who had sex with her if free!? come on now......

isn't the population there mostly black?  why would they try to bring down their own people?

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2005, 10:24:26 PM »

yup. We know that. the only "suspicion" regarding the black guys is that they like to talk to a lot of white women at the hotel. that's it. that is why they are in jail toay. but, the white dude who had sex with her if free!? come on now......

isn't the population there mostly black?  why would they try to bring down their own people?

I'm not sure if it's mostly black. but, just because it's mostly black doesn't mean that blacks control the island. it's very likely that a white minority run the economic and legal aspects of the island. negros just dance and sing or something. 

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2005, 10:26:46 PM »

I'm not sure if it's mostly black. but, just because it's mostly black doens't mean that blacks control the island. it's very likely that a white minority run the economic and legal aspects of the island. negros just dance and sing or something. 

honestly, i don't know enough about the place to either agree or disagree with you.  i know the place used to be a dutch proprietary back in the day, but am not sure how many people of dutch decent have remained.  perhaps someone here knows better than we do. BP, perhaps?

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2005, 10:31:34 PM »

I'm not sure if it's mostly black. but, just because it's mostly black doens't mean that blacks control the island. it's very likely that a white minority run the economic and legal aspects of the island. negros just dance and sing or something. 

honestly, i don't know enough about the place to either agree or disagree with you.  i know the place used to be a dutch proprietary back in the day, but am not sure how many people of dutch decent have remained.  perhaps someone here knows better than we do. BP, perhaps?

Nah...just use the internet:

Aruba Population:

Population:
70,844 (July 2003)

Age structure:
0-14 years: 20.7% (male:7,540; female:7,121)
15-64 years: 68.3% (male:23,427; female:24,955)
65 years and over: 11% (male:3,215; female:4,586)

Population growth rate:
0.55 % (2003 est.)

Birth rate:
11.86 births / 1,000 population (2003 est.)

Death rate:
6.38 deaths / 1,000 population (2003 est.)

Net migration rate:
0 migrant(s) / 1,000 population (2003 est.)

Sex ratio:
at birth: 1.05 male(s)/female(s)
under 15 years: 1.06 male(s)/female(s)
15-64 years: 0.94 male(s)/female(s)
65 years and over: 0.7 male(s)/female(s)
total population: 0.93 male(s)/female(s)

Infant mortality rate:
total: 6.14 deaths / 1,000 live births (2003 est.)
male: 6.99 deaths / 1,000 live births
female: 5.25 deaths / 1,000 live births

Life expectancy at birth:
total: 78.83 years (2003 est.)
male: 75.48 years
female: 82.34 years

Total fertility rate:
1.79 children born/woman (2003)

Nationality:
noun: Aruban(s)
adjective: Aruban

Ethnic groups:
mixed white/Caribbean Amerindian 80%

Religions:Roman Catholic 82% , Protestant 8% , Hindu NA, Muslim NA, Confucian NA, Jewish NA

Languages:
Dutch (official), Papiamento (a Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, English dialect), English (widely spoken), Spanish

seu2002

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2005, 12:10:28 AM »
 :'(

Aruba police official: Suspect confesses to killing missing teen

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/10/missing.teen/index.html

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2005, 12:28:53 AM »
:'(

Aruba police official: Suspect confesses to killing missing teen

http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/06/10/missing.teen/index.html

2 black men are still in jail though and they didn't do a damn thing. Everybody pointed the finger at the black guys but it turns out that a white boy who is a judges son did it. 

dbgirl

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
    • KnowTheTruth
« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2005, 12:41:32 AM »
OK I don't know much about Aruba either, but from what I have seen in following this case I have some concerns about Aruba's justice system.
It does appear that the black men were arrested because
one of the three guys she was with claimed "a dark man" grabbed her. It took days before these last people to see her alive were even detained? That strikes me as odd. Word has it these guys were from prominent families.
Not so with the suspects, they were just lower-class guards.
And even if the country is mostly black, white people run the government from what I understand.
When you have somebody dying because they are poor and black or poor and white or because of whatever they are ... that erases everything that's great about this country.

-TMcGraw

http://www.wm3.org/splash.php

HBCU.EDU

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2005, 12:48:10 AM »
OK I don't know much about Aruba either, but from what I have seen in following this case I have some concerns about Aruba's justice system.
It does appear that the black men were arrested because
one of the three guys she was with claimed "a dark man" grabbed her. It took days before these last people to see her alive were even detained? That strikes me as odd. Word has it these guys were from prominent families.
Not so with the suspects, they were just lower-class guards.
And even if the country is mostly black, white people run the government from what I understand.

That is exactly what Iím saying. These low class guards are still in jail tonight. They were detained because the police were suspicious of them. It does strike me as odd that the police did not see the white boys as being suspicious considering the fact that the were the last ones to see the girl alive. I mean, all you have to do is say ďa dark manĒ did this that and the other and the police will def. find a black man to arrest. The same thing happened with that white girl Susan Smith who killed her kids and blamed it on a black man.