Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: barry and stetson's rankings..  (Read 5026 times)

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - nolegirl290@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: barry and stetson's rankings..
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2005, 09:52:38 AM »
But football is the most important thing!  ;)

I did not apply yo any Florida school. I am just saying what I have seen and heard here in Tampa and also in Tally. I think Stetson is a fine school. What an area to go to LS in!
Tony:"So your not gonna go to law school? What do you wanna do then?"
Mike:"I wanna dance!"

davidatfsu

• AOL Instant Messenger - davidsLawyer
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2005, 08:49:01 AM »
But football is the most important thing!  ;)

I did not apply yo any Florida school. I am just saying what I have seen and heard here in Tampa and also in Tally. I think Stetson is a fine school. What an area to go to LS in!

Holy crap, that's probably the funniest avatar I've seen on here. EVER.

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2005, 09:15:33 AM »
Glad you like it. I thought it was pretty funny myself. ;D

Nellbelle

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - jckulllman@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - jckullman@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2005, 09:21:39 AM »
Yeah funny avatar, sad situation. WTF is going on with him? I saw online they were saying it wasn't drugs but a medical condition. Think it might be a coverup?, I almost hope so as the alternative would be some serious and bad mental issues.

Oh and I wanted to tell you that my first post was not directed at you at all, it just kind of turned out that way with the order of postings.  ;)
The librarian gig isn't all its cracked up to be!

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=nell

davidatfsu

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2005, 09:37:33 AM »
Yeah funny avatar, sad situation. WTF is going on with him? I saw online they were saying it wasn't drugs but a medical condition. Think it might be a coverup?, I almost hope so as the alternative would be some serious and bad mental issues.

A buddy of mine from the team said it was always known that he had a bit of a weed habit. But no one suspected he'd hit anything harder than that. They could get away with saying it's not related to a drug abuse problem and drugs still have been the cause of this one isolated incident. They're going to do all they can to make things look best for the program, but I don't think they have anything to coverup. We Criminoles have seen worse from our own team. And since it's preseason, and our other QB's aren't exactly average, I think it's a situation that can be managed legitimately.

You're right though. Sad situation regardless. Why does a guy with so much going for him, including a better shot at the draft than Rix ever did, resort to hard drugs like that? The root of that issue is the sad part.

tegra8

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2005, 10:37:45 AM »
mental problems my ass.... he was coming back from Bonnaroo, no telling what he took there

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2005, 10:41:22 AM »
I am pretty sure that whole "it was not drugs" thing is BS. He had just gotten back from Bonnaroo. For anyone who is not familiar, it is Woodstock-esque. His teammates said he had been really stressed and many "mind altering" drugs are readily available there. Of course, it is possible it was not drugs but I find it hard to believe he would flip out like that with out them. He gets good grades, etc. I think it is just a case of a typical college student with atypical pressure on him that went a little too far to relieve his stress and accidently took it public when he was at a loss of his faculties.

I also do not feel it puts us in too bad of a position. It is scary to think about starting a QB vs Miami that has never played in a college game before. But he has a lot of experience surrounding him and Miami last a lot of players. Plus it is in front of a (usually) friendly crowd on a familiar field. Then after that he has a powerpuff game vs the Citadel. But who knows?

davidatfsu

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2005, 11:18:13 AM »
God I hate hippies and all their damn hippie fests.

Nole

• Sr. Citizen
  • Go Noles!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2005, 11:32:17 AM »
The worst thing about all this is that it will be all anyone is talking about when the season starts. We are going to get SO SICK of hearing about Sexton and his brush with the law or whatever. I just wanna watch football DAMN IT!

davidatfsu

• View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2005, 11:43:25 AM »
The worst thing about all this is that it will be all anyone is talking about when the season starts. We are going to get SO SICK of hearing about Sexton and his brush with the law or whatever. I just wanna watch football DAMN IT!

Got that right. Anything is better than having to hear about Rix's most recent stupid move though.