Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Should I pursue a girl that my friends don't really like?  (Read 3479 times)

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
Re: Should I pursue a girl that my friends don't really like?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 04:53:53 PM »
Bone her and move on.

but dont move too far...she can be a booty call on your lonely nights.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 05:10:04 PM »
Dude, if you were to make a decision based on the advice that you are getting from this thread, it wouldn't be a good decision.  Think about it!  :D
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 05:12:27 PM »
Yeah, let's leave the kid be... You straight boys are horrible.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

headmachine

• Sr. Citizen
  • new
    • AOL Instant Messenger - edhouse616
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 05:30:42 PM »
If I had taken the "bros before hos" advice I would have never ended up with my girlfriend of 5 years...

I say go for it.

i read somewhere (and has proved true in my personal endeavors) that afters a break after two years of dating that if u dont marry around that time u would break up. and granted every relationship is different, shes the one, blah blah blah, but my soc friends say its something chemical and hormonal in the relationship, u think theres any truth to this?
ROAR for LLS 2005
*SLY*

guyutegirl (Jew-Lo)

• Sr. Citizen
  • Donkey punch: It's not just for breakfast anymore
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Guyutegirl+JewLo
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 05:55:45 PM »
As much as i hate to admit it, what my friends think about a person I'm with or thinking about getting together makes a big difference. I'm talking about my really close friends who i've known for a long time. It's not a matter of worrying that my friends will think less of me. It's that they usually end up knowing who's gonna be good for me, and who isn't. I've dated people who my friends haven't really approved of, and although they've been as supportive as possible, they always end up being right. It's not even the power of suggestion that gets me in the end, it's all the things that i've been concerned about in the beginning, but chose to ignore because i really wanted to try something out/making something work. The way that i would approach it (although i'm single so maybe that's indicative of who's adive you SHOULDN'T take) is if i wanted to casually date the person, i would, but i wouldn't get too involved, and i'd sorta test the waters. If she turns out to be great, then take it a litte further. But as far as my experience goes, my friends are the ones who are able to think with their brains on this issue, while all my blood is rushing elsewhere, thus rendering me a walking hormone and getting myself into trouble that is a pain in the ass to get out of later.
Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow.

M2

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 06:07:09 PM »

i read somewhere (and has proved true in my personal endeavors) that afters a break after two years of dating that if u dont marry around that time u would break up. and granted every relationship is different, shes the one, blah blah blah, but my soc friends say its something chemical and hormonal in the relationship, u think theres any truth to this?
I just did a horrible LSAT RC section and I have a headache so bare with me.

Let me make sure I understand you, Are you saying you heard that if you make it past two years you are good to go? or if you don't get married within two years you probably never will?

headmachine

• Sr. Citizen
  • new
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 06:10:48 PM »
never will =( i mean its been true for me a couple times but i was wondering how ur situation is..  :-\

also to answer the question, ive only gotten flak once really from this chick i was considering as action and it was really annoying...but the reason that it was annoying for me was because i kind of agreed with them in that they thought she herself was annoying.

she was great to talk to but had a lot of little quirks about her that just werent my gig. after a while i realized i was kind of bored and we should just be friends so anyways i kinda dropped her slowly and ended up dating one of my friends from undergrad and were in our 7th month. its true when the best things come when u least expect it.

so my advice, u know ur friends. and u prolly have friends whose opinions u will trust more than others. i know my buddies that were given me $h*t knew that me and the chick werent right for eachother, they just did it in a kidding/ nudge nudge kind of way. now if u think that u and her share something that they cant really see, then thats another matter and then its a judgement call. but u never really get laid til u f*ck around a little first so do what u want and make sure ur set one way or the other.

and as a future sidenote, if u guys get serious and ur friends still give u lip then they arent really good friends to begin with because even with if they go bros before hoes, they should still be ur bro before anything else..

good luck..chicks rule til they f*ck with ur head =) pardon the pun

:-*

I just did a horrible LSAT RC section and I have a headache so bare with me.

Let me make sure I understand you, Are you saying you heard that if you make it past two years you are good to go? or if you don't get married within two years you probably never will?
ROAR for LLS 2005
*SLY*

M2

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 06:14:04 PM »
I would have to lend some credit to this idea...unfortunately.

The reason being  with my relationship is that there are two HUGE problems that we can't seem to work out (also she is unwilling to get any sort of counseling or help...). if these problems didn't exist i would have in fact proposed to her two years ago! It's a fact...i had it planned out and everything.

I don't however feel that it's not possible at all...i just think that if someone hasn't taken the time to improve themself or try to repair a problem in the relationship within 2-3 (or heck even 5) years, they probably wont.

The jury is still out on this one (law school pun intended)...

headmachine

• Sr. Citizen
  • new
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2004, 07:16:15 PM »
yeah my last relationship lasted for about two years and at the end we were still fighting about stuff we fought about in our first week together. its just the same ole pitfall of thinkin that people will change and the inescapable blinders in a relationship where u think this is it and u always give it ur all..sigh

but i know there does come a time or transitions where things change where something that was cute soon becomes annoying, the crazy sex becomes boring, etc and etc. and then in the end u just need someone u get along with.

im kind of comin up with my theory that i just need someone that i am physically attracted to and puts up with my $h*t more than anyone else i have ever known...hopefully that will outlast the breakup/marriage threshold but needless to say i have become jaded in my few years in the game..

:-*

I would have to lend some credit to this idea...unfortunately.

The reason being  with my relationship is that there are two HUGE problems that we can't seem to work out (also she is unwilling to get any sort of counseling or help...). if these problems didn't exist i would have in fact proposed to her two years ago! It's a fact...i had it planned out and everything.

I don't however feel that it's not possible at all...i just think that if someone hasn't taken the time to improve themself or try to repair a problem in the relationship within 2-3 (or heck even 5) years, they probably wont.

The jury is still out on this one (law school pun intended)...
ROAR for LLS 2005
*SLY*