Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Which class are you least looking forward to?

K's
 12 (11.1%)
Property
 24 (22.2%)
Torts
 12 (11.1%)
Crim
 11 (10.2%)
Con Law
 15 (13.9%)
Legal Writing
 34 (31.5%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Author Topic: FOR EVERYBODY STARTING LAW SCHOOL THIS FALL  (Read 28542 times)

headmistress

Re: FOR EVERYBODY STARTING LAW SCHOOL THIS FALL
« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2006, 02:54:54 PM »
Yah how do I get the CD's I want to be able to chill and listen to somthing in my car.

Ya gotta buy 'em. If you sign up with PMBR bar prep, you get three supplements when you pay the $100 deposit that goes toward your course fee, you can choose from "books" that have an outline and multiple choice questions, CDs/tapes, and a set of flashcards (which I do not recommend), the topics of the books and CDs/tapes are mostly the first and second year courses. If you decide to sign up for PMBR, PM me so that I can give you my rep id#.

If you sign up with Barbri, you get can borrow the CDs for free from the Barbri head rep at your school. I didn't really like those CDs though.

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: July 02, 2006, 01:18:44 PM »
The CDs are always floating around.  I wouldn't buy them if I were you.  It's probably illegal but get them from someone else. :P

I can't add/subtract/multiply or divide at all and did fine in property.  Just figure out how to make things make sense for yourself, no matter how weird it may seem to another person or no matter how long it takes.  There is no one way to do anything.

Oh - and don't form study groups first week of class.  Bad idea.
Think before you speak.

M DOT

« Reply #52 on: July 02, 2006, 08:22:31 PM »
hey roxie!

so what's everyone's thoughts on laptops & class, they seem to be necessary but i've never used one for class

also, does anyone have anything to say about One Note?

M DOT

« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2006, 09:20:46 PM »
one more.....

dell latitude or thinkpad??

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2006, 12:51:39 AM »
Laptops are definitely necessary, and definitely get a thinkpad (X series).  I use OneNote for all of my notes.  If you're an organization freak like myself, it's much better than Word (can organize your classes by tabs, with, for instance, side tabs for each theme within a class).

THE BLUE SWEATER

• Sr. Citizen
  • Home of the Blue Sweater
    • AOL Instant Messenger - kingofzamundaa
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: July 03, 2006, 09:15:11 AM »
Whats up Roxie?
UVA Class of 2009

Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..  The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress.

-Fredrick Douglass

Roxie

• Sr. Citizen
  • Who wants a clean house!?!?!?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: July 03, 2006, 11:30:54 AM »
Hey ya'll!

I used one note a lot 1st semester.  The best thing is the search feature.  But one note prints weird so I stopped using it as my bread and butter and mostly put stuff in one note that was random and didn't have a place in my outline.  I didn't find it as helpful 2nd semester just because the course load was heavier and I didn't have time to transfer info from one note to word. 

I basically started outlines from day 1 2nd semester.  I mostly typed all of my notes into my outlines, and then when it came down to crunch time, I cut all of my outlines down to the bare bones info that I needed.  For classes like Torts and Crim law, I made outlines, but I studied from big charts with all the elements. They say don't memorize, but you have to memorize the elements and the charts were the best for me.

I couldn't live without my laptop!!  Just make sure you uninstall AIM, Yahoo messenger, MSN messenger and the Sims 2 before classes start!!  Lead us not into temptation.  ;)

Think before you speak.

Young Esq.

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-More Careful
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 03, 2006, 11:34:37 AM »
I couldn't live without my laptop!!  Just make sure you uninstall AIM, Yahoo messenger, MSN messenger and the Sims 2 before classes start!!  Lead us not into temptation.  ;)

:D :D :D We had a girl sit in on our class who was an applicant. Afterward she said the whole class was on either AIM, Yahoo, Myspace, of Facebook. It's sad but true hahaha

Just make sure you can minimize quickly when the prof starts walking around LMAO

Some of our profs are hip to the game and started teaching periodically form the back of the class  >:(

2Lacoste

• Sr. Citizen
  • Johan Santana for President
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 03, 2006, 11:49:29 AM »
Hey ya'll!

I used one note a lot 1st semester.  The best thing is the search feature.  But one note prints weird so I stopped using it as my bread and butter and mostly put stuff in one note that was random and didn't have a place in my outline.  I didn't find it as helpful 2nd semester just because the course load was heavier and I didn't have time to transfer info from one note to word. 

I basically started outlines from day 1 2nd semester.  I mostly typed all of my notes into my outlines, and then when it came down to crunch time, I cut all of my outlines down to the bare bones info that I needed.  For classes like Torts and Crim law, I made outlines, but I studied from big charts with all the elements. They say don't memorize, but you have to memorize the elements and the charts were the best for me.

So, the verdict: OneNote or Word?
Mets will take the NL Pennant.

A.

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 03, 2006, 11:53:33 AM »
OneNote does print differently (although I like the way it prints).  If you need to edit something in Word for some reason, you can transfer info from OneNote in 2 mouse clicks.