Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Job Interview Today, and Advice??  (Read 5765 times)

jgruber

Re: Job Interview Today, and Advice??
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 03:45:18 PM »
take a sport coat just in case.

I will go with the shirt and tie look. 

Dsong, I would like the rates.  Just leave out the one on the left, not my liking.

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 03:46:44 PM »
I will go with the shirt and tie look. 

Dsong, I would like the rates.  Just leave out the one on the left, not my liking.

the one up top is the cheapest one. $10/hour

the one below is $150/hour.  she doesnt know that ive put her up yet...so its gonna take a bit more to convince her.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

thechoson

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 03:59:38 PM »
Well in this case, it works out. I will take the one up top.

Have her give me a call.  310-968-2547

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 04:03:55 PM »
some stats about the top girl:

shes 5'6
weighs about 165
has some cottage cheese, but nowhere that you cant cover with pants
missing 3 molars
her nose is fake
she did have some sort of foot fungus before, but that was taken care of last week.

but other than that, shes good to go. 

expect a call in about 3 hours or so.
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

thechoson

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 04:11:28 PM »
some stats about the top girl:

shes 5'6
weighs about 165
has some cottage cheese, but nowhere that you cant cover with pants
missing 3 molars
her nose is fake
she did have some sort of foot fungus before, but that was taken care of last week.

but other than that, shes good to go. 

expect a call in about 3 hours or so.

Uhh.. Dsong, hang on.  I will take the one on the left

thechoson

« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 01:28:41 PM »
@#!*. I didn't get this job. And I liked it too.  I have another interview today, with a CPA firm as a gopher.  That first job I really liked, I was PERFECT in the interview. I answered all their questions like a f-ing champ, I made them laugh with good timed humor, and they give me the @#!* off.  I really can't figure out what some people want, WTF.

Anyways, I have another interview today, and advice?  Also, I was wondering, being able to use excel is a job qualification.  Would it be too over the top to show them some spreadsheets I created (there are some over the top ones I have when I was ranking all the law schools myself)?

Thanks!

marista

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - purplenna
    • View Profile
    • My lawschoolnumbers page
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2004, 01:30:52 PM »
@#!*. I didn't get this job. And I liked it too.  I have another interview today, with a CPA firm as a gopher.  That first job I really liked, I was PERFECT in the interview. I answered all their questions like a f-ing champ, I made them laugh with good timed humor, and they give me the @#!* off.  I really can't figure out what some people want, WTF.

Anyways, I have another interview today, and advice?  Also, I was wondering, being able to use excel is a job qualification.  Would it be too over the top to show them some spreadsheets I created (there are some over the top ones I have when I was ranking all the law schools myself)?

Thanks!

Maybe you should have worn a suit.

thechoson

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2004, 01:31:57 PM »

Thanks!

Maybe you should have worn a suit.

Actually, I think the tie and shirt was a good look.  Their office culture was VERY LAX, as in Jeans and shirt.

headmachine

• Sr. Citizen
  • new
    • AOL Instant Messenger - edhouse616
    • View Profile
    • my life
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2004, 01:45:54 PM »

Thanks!

r u serious about the excel thingie?  8)
ROAR for LLS 2005
*SLY*

Ginatio

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2004, 02:01:05 PM »
as for not getting the job... maybe they had already filled their quota. lol

as for the spreadsheet... only in business would knowing how to use excel be a big deal. i wouldn't show them the law school decision spreadsheets, though. they probably won't hire you if they know you're going to law school in a year's time. in fact, that may have been why u didnt get the first job. did u tell them you want to go to law school?

Thanks!