Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1 WEEK!!!  (Read 2440 times)

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: 1 WEEK!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2004, 06:16:16 PM »
No, you're def not the only one.  Actually, I'm really glad *I'm* not the only one.  (not that I'm happy you're frustrated.  I wish we were both doing well)

And I put the stove on too hot, and burned my spaghetti-Os.   :'(

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2004, 06:17:02 PM »
take this for what its worth...not that i know all that much...

and m2, i know youre not a big fan of my posts...but FWIW...

but for this last week, i would NOT take the sections in different times.  i would suggest to all of you to take the 4 sections straight through.  at this point in your studying, youre only fighting two things...time and endurance.  you shouldnt be spending time on trying to learn strategies...you should know all of them by now. 

taking the sections by themselves will allow you to take some time in between sections, which when i was studying, was cheating myself, because i would not have that time allocated to me.  you would be surprised how much of a difference it makes if you take one test straight through and another test in sections.  during my last week, i took at least a test/day...and since they came in 4 sections, i would take them straight through.  it really helps your endurance...

like i said, take it FWIW...im only trying to help...and every person/situation is different. 
'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

M2

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2004, 06:22:35 PM »
but for this last week, i would NOT take the sections in different times.  i would suggest to all of you to take the 4 sections straight through.  at this point in your studying, youre only fighting two things...time and endurance.  you shouldnt be spending time on trying to learn strategies...you should know all of them by now. 

I fear that you are right concerning strategies, it may be too late to master any new ones at this point.
The only thing is that my RC and LR are ridiculously consistent , and I feel I am wasting tiem by studying them.

Maybe as a compromise  I will take 3 more full tests (instead of 5). Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday and review inbetween them.

M2

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2004, 06:22:58 PM »
Thanks dsong.

Normally, I'd agree with you. At this point, for me, I don't endurance will be an issue.  I've always been able to focus and think for long periods, if necessary, and since each section of the LSAT, for me, at least, requires different strategies, my brain works differently and doesn't get tired.

That, and I've done so many full tests before this week, that I've got it down, time wise.  I finish each section but games with at least 5 minutes to spare.  Games I usually finish, but use all the time, and LR I definitely use the time to go back and work on harder questions I wasn't sure of.

I feel that I need to do LR section on their own at this point and really focus on getting my strategies down.  I don't understand why I'm getting questions wrong, and I'm getting frustrated, so doing a full test probably wouldn't help.

And I'm taking the whole weekend off to rest and refresh, and once Monday's here, I won't get frustrated because I know that I'll have done everything possible to do my best, so just do it.  But now, however, I feel like I"m still in "work/learn" mode...hence my frustration.

Thanks for the advice though!

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »

I fear that you are right concerning strategies, it may be too late to master any new ones at this point.
The only thing is that my RC and LR are ridiculously consistent , and I feel I am wasting tiem by studying them.

Maybe as a compromise  I will take 3 more full tests (instead of 5). Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday and review inbetween them.

M2

if i were in your shoes, i would try this:
- since you are consistent in LR and RC, reorder the test to put them at the END of the test so that you will be affected by the time to do these sections, rather than your knowledge.  if you can sit through a straight 140 minutes of the test and still be consistent on them, then you have no worries at all and youll do fine.  and in doing these sections, i wouldnt consider it wasting time...i would call it more conditioning to do them within the allotted time period. 

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2004, 06:28:13 PM »
if endurance isnt an issue with you, youll do great on the test.   :)

your practice scores are awesome, so i wouldnt worry about a thing...

Thanks dsong.

Normally, I'd agree with you. At this point, for me, I don't endurance will be an issue.  I've always been able to focus and think for long periods, if necessary, and since each section of the LSAT, for me, at least, requires different strategies, my brain works differently and doesn't get tired.

That, and I've done so many full tests before this week, that I've got it down, time wise.  I finish each section but games with at least 5 minutes to spare.  Games I usually finish, but use all the time, and LR I definitely use the time to go back and work on harder questions I wasn't sure of.

I feel that I need to do LR section on their own at this point and really focus on getting my strategies down.  I don't understand why I'm getting questions wrong, and I'm getting frustrated, so doing a full test probably wouldn't help.

And I'm taking the whole weekend off to rest and refresh, and once Monday's here, I won't get frustrated because I know that I'll have done everything possible to do my best, so just do it.  But now, however, I feel like I"m still in "work/learn" mode...hence my frustration.

Thanks for the advice though!

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2004, 06:32:34 PM »
if endurance isnt an issue with you, youll do great on the test.   :)

your practice scores are awesome, so i wouldnt worry about a thing...

I'll hope you're right.   ;D
Thanks!

nathanielmark

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2004, 06:38:22 PM »
i think my first several full length practice tests gave me endurance issues but i have adjusted.  on yesterdays test i finished out with a perfect score on my last section (LR) so i guess i am there. 

i basically just need to keep my pace up on LRs (so i will do 1 or 2 sections), keep my reading speed up, which i will do thru a lot of reading this week, and keep hammering away at games.

my new outlook on the test is to kick ass on LRs and RCs, and play a defensive strategy for the games.  by defensive i mean take the necessary time for setups to avoid careless errors, skip time consuming questions and focus on getting 3 games out of 4.  i have always been a  very good test taker, so i have a natural inclination to rush thru, if i try to do that with games i will make mistakes and blow the section.  if i am slow and careful i can probably get close to a 17 or 18 on it.

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2004, 08:04:03 PM »
I want to take the real thing tomorrow because I've got a ton of confidence in both LR and RC right now.  Believe it or not, I've jumped from a combined LR score of 31 (last week) to a combined 48 (today).  Sleep and exercise have done wonders for me. 

As for games, I'm doing what GreenEq referred to as "a defensive strategy", only mine is even more defensive - I just want 15, and I'll take my time to make sure I've got em'.

Good luck to all on the stretch run.  We're nearing the end of a marathon in which we must show our best form during the last seven hours.

sma323

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2004, 09:05:10 PM »
Don't take any tests on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. It'll totally @#!* you up! And no sex during those days as well! Just practice yoga or talk with your mother!