Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 1 WEEK!!!  (Read 2554 times)

nathanielmark

1 WEEK!!!
« on: June 07, 2004, 12:57:57 PM »
whos ready, who isnt? 

Although i am a little anxious and was not able to achieve my original goal of reliably hitting 170, i think i have made a lot of progress and am in a good position to get the score i need.

what about the rest of you?

PennQuaker

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSN:pennquaker
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Lubester
    • View Profile
Re: 1 WEEK!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 01:04:15 PM »
"When the defining moment comes along, you can either define the moment or let the moment define you."

I was low 160s for a few months until three weeks ago where I finally broke through that plateau.  With reliability I can hit high 160s now (or 170+ half the time).  It's just a matter of stepping up to the plate now.

Good luck all.
Depositing: Stanford
Waitlisting: Yale, Harvard

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2004, 01:04:20 PM »
Me too...
Although I'm only half way done with my study blitz plan I feel like I have made vast improvements in my overall ability to take the test.  And apparently after much practice I think the RC has finally clicked for me.  now it's just the LR to get up a bit then I'm golden.  Blitz week 2.... fruitful? who knows.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2004, 01:22:28 PM »
Am I ready?  I feel ready.  I've done way more work and prep than a lot of people taking it next Monday.

Am I happy?  Sort of.  I really had hopes of hitting in the 170s.  I've only done it once, and I have 6 more exams to work with.  If I get a 169/169, which is where the majority of my practice tests in the last week or so have been, i'll be happy, as that's the top of the 25/75% range of my #1 choice ls.

It's weird, scary, and relieving all at once that the test is in 7 days.  Weird, because it seemed like it would never get here.  Three months ago it was so far away.  Scary, because I've done all I can, I feel, to do my best and improve, and this is the last "variable" for my applications and to know what will be reaches in the fall, what will be safty schools.  And relieving, because I can have my life back and not have to do LSAT problems 3+ hours nearly every day.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2004, 05:46:04 PM »
I have done all I can do. Unless I am possesed by an evil "games" spirit, I will not hit that 170 mark. Maybe I should get out my Quija board? Oh well I have done all I can do and if I get a 164 like my last 3 practice it will give me a high enough index to have a pretty good chance getting into where I want to go. I know there is nothing more I can do but Damn I am nervous! I just need to chill out I guess. Leave it in the hands of the man!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

dsong02

• Sr. Citizen
  • small. yellow. different.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2004, 05:52:34 PM »
I have done all I can do. Unless I am possesed by an evil "games" spirit, I will not hit that 170 mark. Maybe I should get out my Quija board? Oh well I have done all I can do and if I get a 164 like my last 3 practice it will give me a high enough index to have a pretty good chance getting into where I want to go. I know there is nothing more I can do but Damn I am nervous! I just need to chill out I guess. Leave it in the hands of the man!

ive already taken the test, but i just wanted to put something out there...

i was averaging around 168, 169 for my tests before the final 2 weeks or so.  i left the last tests for the last week (tests 31 through about 36 or 37...i forget what the highest numbered test i had was...).  it was the weirdest thing, but the last tests were either extremely simple or i had an epiphany...but the last few tests, i averaged much higher (i ended up scoring in the high 170s on the actual test). 

it might have been that the tests were easier or similar...but honestly, with all the studying you all are doing, i would not give up.  just keep at it and study as much as you can during the last week.  more likely than not, people that study like all of you will do extremely well.  im a dumbass...and i did well on this test. 

just make sure you take at least sunday off...and before the test, try reading the paper or some magazine.  it helps exercise your eyes before you go into the test.

'why does it hurt so much when i poke it?'

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 05:56:17 PM »
dsong02,
Thanks for the encouragement! I do have the last 2 tests left and I plan on taking them this week as well as going back and doing some old games. Just waiting for that games epiphany to come! Either it will or it won't either way it's OK because I truly have done my best!
South Texas College of Law here I come!

M2

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 05:58:27 PM »
I feel very ready...
My two-day break was refreshing.

I have 5 new tests left to take, and I am taking #42 tomorrow (complete) and will probably break the rest up.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2004, 06:07:55 PM »
I changed my mind.  I'm not happy at all.  I'm breaking tests up into sections until Thursday, then doing two full ones.

I just took the first LR section in June 2002.  I bombed it.  missed 9.  Assuming I do my almost standard +23 on RC, even if I get a perfect second LR section and a perfect games section, (which will NEVER happen...games, maybe. LR, obviously not), the best I could do is a 169.  I'm looking at maybe a 163 on this one, if I'm luck.  Which is unacceptable.

So, since I feel a wonderful mix of frustration, anger, and sadness, I'm gonna go eat spaghetti-Os and oreos for dinner, and then go hang out with friends for Simpsons Trivia night at the local watering hole.

God, I can't wait till this f-ing test is over.

M2

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2004, 06:10:36 PM »
I changed my mind.  I'm not happy at all.  I'm breaking tests up into sections until Thursday, then doing two full ones.

I just took the first LR section in June 2002.  I bombed it.  missed 9.  Assuming I do my almost standard +23 on RC, even if I get a perfect second LR section and a perfect games section, (which will NEVER happen...games, maybe. LR, obviously not), the best I could do is a 169.  I'm looking at maybe a 163 on this one, if I'm luck.  Which is unacceptable.

So, since I feel a wonderful mix of frustration, anger, and sadness, I'm gonna go eat spaghetti-Os and oreos for dinner, and then go hang out with friends for Simpsons Trivia night at the local watering hole.

God, I can't wait till this f-ing test is over.

You just made me feel much better...because I got a 165 on a test I took in sections over the past few days and was feeling bad. Looks like im not theo nly one feeling the pressure.

I can't wait for this BS test to be over with!!