Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Eugene Oregon Off-Campus 2-Bedroom House - $685  (Read 469 times)

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
Eugene Oregon Off-Campus 2-Bedroom House - $685
« on: June 02, 2005, 02:34:49 PM »
I am moving to Charlottesville and will be leaving behind my beloved home in a wonderful area of Eugene Oregon. I know how hard it is to find housing when not able to visit in person, so I wanted to make this listing available to law students who are moving to Oregon. I will be taking thorough inside pictures this weekend, but here are some attributes of the home.

The whole place was remodeled, new walls, new everything, just before I moved in last June. It has lovely pine floors (new) and blue/gray carpet in both bedrooms. There's one bathroom with a full tub. There are skylights in the back bedroom and the kitchen, washer/dryer hookups (I may even part with my washer & dryer), living and dining areas separate from kitchen. Kitchen has linoleum floors, builtin shelves and unique octagonal window. Windows and skylights in all the rooms let in lots, lots of light. There is a new front porch and a back patio where I currently grow tomatoes (which I may bequeathe to the next resident)

If you Google 250 N. Grand you will get a very near idea of where this home is (I'm not putting up my exact address). It is a stand alone house (but is very near its right side neighbor). The backyard is huge, and is shared with the left and right neighbors, who are very friendly when we manage to see them. There are raised garden beds, fig, plum, peach, and apple trees, and raspberry vines.

The neighborhood: Whiteaker Elementary school is right on the block--the block terminates in the river park, which has a bike path you can take all the way to Agate Street, and over to the school, if you fancy that. This ride would take you 15-20 minutes and be a great beginning/end to the day. (On hot days, if you ride in the other direction, you will come to a deep swimming hole on the river with a rope swing.) There's a bus stop at the end of the block on Railroad St, and just driving to the law school is about 3 miles. I love this neighborhood, especially the Whiteaker Neighborhood Association, so much. The people here are really the friendliest in Eugene.

I think this is a special home that would be perfect for someone who doesn't want to be right in the middle of the law school all the time. I would have lived there if I had gone to U of O. I am taking names and will send pictures by email this Sunday. I am moving out end of June; it will probably be available either in mid-July or August 1.

Email layna underscore faye at Yahoo to let me know you're interested in pics. Call Robert & Linda (my landlords) at (541) 689-1738.
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA

UOlaw08

• AOL Instant Messenger - psikadelik
    • View Profile
Re: Eugene Oregon Off-Campus 2-Bedroom House - $685
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 11:44:08 AM »
I am interested. I'll send you an email from my work email address so you can send me that information. This sounds like a cool part of town! Thanks for posting this information here.
ATTENDING: The University of Oregon!

In: Oregon
Out: Miami, Texas, IU: Bloomington, Lewis and Clark, Seattle
Withdrawn: Depaul, Denver, Quinnipiac

lyrarain

• This is a nutria!
    • View Profile
Re: Eugene Oregon Off-Campus 2-Bedroom House - $685
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 12:01:38 PM »
BUMP! This is still available, and I have a million pictures for whoever wants to see 'em.
3.52 164|cancel|173
Attending: UVA