Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Special Summer Program?  (Read 7685 times)

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Special Summer Program?
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 10:49:24 AM »
You don't apply to a conditional program; your application is considered if your numbers (usually your LSAT) fall below the median, but you show potential.

Another school that offers the AAMPLE online program is New York Law School.

Congrats to Shadow and Kitty for completting the program and good luck!  I'm sure you both did well!

leoladybug

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 11:25:09 AM »
jolyssa,
Did you decide to try the NYLS AAMPLE program??

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 03:16:19 PM »
Kitty,

I am glad you are confident about your finals. Keep us updated!

I finished my AAMPLE finals for Albany 2 weeks ago, they said I should know the week of the 18th. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I feel confident, but as you said it is essay based, i knew the material, hopefully I wrote enough to gain admission. If not, it looks like I will be in Vermont.

I also enjoyed the program. Mine was 8 weeks, and two second level law classes. It is more or less sink or swim. But, if someone is unsure of law school and have an opportunity to take one of these conditional programs, I say do it. It is a great way to test the waters and see if you really like what the next 3 or 4 years of your life will be like. Definitely a good preperation whether you gain admission or not.

Good luck!

~K

Good luck to you too Shadow! I agree that these programs are a great way to try out LS. I am more convinced than ever that I want to go, and if I don't get in, I will retake the LSAT and reapply. I only took it once, so I can definitely afford to retake. But hopefully I won't have to.

I am sure you did great!! Be sure and let me know, buddy!

Thanks for the vote of confidence Jolyssa; I hope you are right!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org

jolyssa

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2005, 11:50:53 AM »
jolyssa,
Did you decide to try the NYLS AAMPLE program??

I decided to go to Syracuse.  I was admitted through the LEO program.  It's some kind of miracle, I know.

Good luck at CUNY, they didn't accept me.

leoladybug

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2005, 09:39:06 AM »
Jolyssa,
Best of luck at Syracuse! (They rejected me)  I am sure you will do just fine!  The whole admissions process is so bizarre.  At least we never have to take the LSAT again!

legalkitty

• Sr. Citizen
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my cat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 10:35:51 AM »
Jolyssa,
Best of luck at Syracuse! (They rejected me)  I am sure you will do just fine!  The whole admissions process is so bizarre.  At least we never have to take the LSAT again!

God, I hope that is true in my case!!!
Attending: Widener PA!!
http://www.aldf.org