Law School Discussion

Life in Seattle

Life in Seattle
« on: June 01, 2005, 08:50:10 PM »
Anyone here from Seattle? What's it like. I'm originally from Russia and Chicago's climate is too rough on me. Thinking of just picking up and moving there after college

nika22

• View Profile
Re: Life in Seattle
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 09:02:28 PM »
it's dope :)

seattle is a "small" big city; very pretty natural surroundings, very green; you can ski in the winter and swim in the ocean during the summer (water kinda cold though); great seafood; great variety of asian food; the air is fresh; not as expensive as other big cities (although it's not cheap either); there's a pretty significant (and recent) russian immigrant community here too, maybe that would interest you as you're from russia; rains a lot, mostly drizzle, cloudy a lot during non-summer times; largely liberal and progressive politically (a plus or minus pending on your political bent); traffic is kind of no good but then again it's not LA...in general, i'd say the people are fairly laid back and easy going...

any specific questions?

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 09:07:30 PM »
Sounds perfect! How safe is it?

nika22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 09:19:18 PM »
Sounds perfect! How safe is it?

i paint a paint a pretty picture because i really like the city :)
(someone who hates seattle should post, to even the score)

as to how safe it is...if you stay in the safe areas, then it's safe! there are a couple neighborhoods that have higher poverty/crime rates- but i don't really have much experience with those places- so i don't know- one of my friends that visited from california told me that there were a lot of homeless people in seattle (that's something i would have never thought myself, but maybe i'm just used to it)

EDIT: and (a lot of) seattle drivers are no good! they break when the light is green (anticipating it will turn yellow and then red) and drive below the speed limit in the left lane- but they also don't honk as much as drivers in other cities, like chicago or miami

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 04:52:04 AM »
you can watch a.j. pretend to play gee-tar.

A.J.

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 05:07:11 AM »
Julie, are you from Sedro Woolley?

Now, remember how I pwnd you and made you feel worthless and stupid?  So much so that you left this site and didnt come back until you thought I was gone?  Remember with what precision I exposed you as a complete loser with no life, no potential and of course no association with law school let alone any form of education?

Its ok now.  No longer will I probe the obvious just to make you feel ashamed.  Nope, I have decided its in my interest just to let things go and let people say what they want.  Bear in mind that everytime you speak about me in this way you do nothing but further reveal your jealosy and insecurity, however.  Julie, its all right- we accept you.   :)

Julie Fern

• hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 05:17:16 AM »
you legend in your own mind, pencil-male private part.

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 05:20:51 AM »
oh no

bad drivers...braking when it is green!? I guess Seattle is out for me!

A.J.

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2005, 05:22:19 AM »
Its a state wide phenomena.  It accounts for at least 1/2 my total frustration in this life.

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2005, 05:26:26 AM »
yikes...i'm a gun it when it is yellow...i guess i do belong in the northeast