Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I cried uncle and postponed my test date  (Read 1472 times)

NYBound05

Re: I cried uncle and postponed my test date
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 01:27:10 PM »
Yeah.  That's why you make sure you have your *&^% together come August/September, because your undergrad prof's could care less if you're studying for the lsat.  However, I have accepted the fact that beginning October 3rd, I'm going to have a TON of reading to catch up on for school.

I'm probably going to postpone.  If I do end up taking it, I'll always wonder want I could have made if I put it off and studied more.  Besides, I'm not scoring where I need to be right now.  But, I still have a bunch of tests I can do till October...but that school-thing might get in the way... 

Bruner

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 03:39:52 PM »
But M2 I was speaking of the individuals perspective, not the institutions perspective.  There is a difference.  An individual is not ready to take the test if he/she has not dealt with the possibility of scoring below their potential.  This test is unfortunately bad like that.  You could score well or you could score poorly.  There is a finite amount of studying a person can do.   
Weightlifting Commentator:  "This is Gregoriava from Bulgaria.  I saw her snatch this morning during her warm up and it was amazing." <---NBC

Tennis Commentator:  "One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."<--NBC

M2

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2004, 04:46:04 PM »
But M2 I was speaking of the individuals perspective, not the institutions perspective.  There is a difference.  An individual is not ready to take the test if he/she has not dealt with the possibility of scoring below their potential.  This test is unfortunately bad like that.  You could score well or you could score poorly.  There is a finite amount of studying a person can do.   

I guess what I was responding to was "this test DOES NOT reflect your potential as a lawyer.".
In a way it does because it determines what schools one can get in to, which in turn greatly affects one's career choices. Of course you are right in that it doesn't reflect how well you will do once you are hired.