Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can you change estimated rent to real rent rates...  (Read 649 times)

plutoeyore

• Sr. Citizen
  • My four babies and my reason for everything!
    • View Profile
Can you change estimated rent to real rent rates...
« on: June 01, 2005, 12:43:54 PM »
I am going To Golden Gate in the fall. They estimated student budget allows 13,500 for 9 months of rent.... but(I have four children and a husband) so we are renting a 4 bedroom house at 2100 a month.... Anyone know if I can get the amount adjusted for real life or not?? Do I just call the f.a  office?? Do I need to wait for my award ppwk (supposed to be arriving in next two weeks)....

Thanks,

I appreciate it!

Stats:  Berkeley GPA 3.53(3.54), LSAT 156
Attending:  Golden Gate(p/t)
Ding: Santa Clara University

COmom

• View Profile
Re: Can you change estimated rent to real rent rates...
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 01:27:57 PM »
I would call them.  Most schools have an additional form that will allow you to describe 'unusual' circumstances that would change your estimated COA.  I called the two schools I am gunning for (DU and CU) as I am a single parent and won't be working while in school and still need to support my kid...  Just my two cents.

risingMC

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Can you change estimated rent to real rent rates...
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 05:07:26 PM »
I don't know about your school specifically, but my ugrad allowed us to petition for a budget increase if our rent changed, if we needed to buy a laptop, if we lived far from home, etc. I can't imagine that law schools would be any different.