Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: UNC Preorientation  (Read 772 times)

stash33

• View Profile
    • Email
UNC Preorientation
« on: June 01, 2005, 10:57:18 AM »
Anyone going June 10th?  I won't be able to make it, maybe a fellow Tar Heel might be willing to report back to the rest of us?

stash33

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: UNC Preorientation
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 11:42:30 PM »
anyone?

BIG H2001

• UNC 1L
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 09:09:37 AM »
I'll be there and will be glad to offer a report. Fireplace will probably see this too.  I think he's going so maybe he'll be able to respond too.

Are you on the listserv?

stash33

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 12:07:21 PM »
I'll be there and will be glad to offer a report. Fireplace will probably see this too.  I think he's going so maybe he'll be able to respond too.

Are you on the listserv?

Hmm. listserv? got me there. how would I check?

Thanks for offering to report back. I remember a couple of months back it seemed there were many more who indicated they were set on attending UNC. Where is everyone?

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2005, 12:21:56 PM »
Nothing's been going on on the boards so most of us have stopped checking. I'll be there unless I have to fly somewhere for business. I'd really like to attend. I heard the March open house was something of a waste but I'm hoping this one, being for admits only, will be much better.

iadups

• 2.99 / 163; 5 years WE; fin. analyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 02:36:13 PM »
It is my plan to be there - unless something comes up with work and I absolutely cannot go.
Denied: GWU, BC, Wake Forest, Northwestern, GULC, Emory, USC, Michigan, BU, W&L, UF, Tulane
Accepted: Miami, So. Car., Richmond, Catholic
Attending: UNC

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2005, 09:32:26 AM »
Bump (would like to hear about what you all learn at pre-orientation...I'm still waitlisted)

Thanks!

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 10:39:34 AM »
What are your numbers, and where will you go if you don't get in to UNC?

bhsueiu

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 11:27:27 AM »
Is this for me Fireplace?  Well, like you (if I remember right) I only applied to Duke and UNC this year (UNC being the top choice).  Duke rejected me, UNC waitlisted me.  If I don't get off the waitlist, I'll apply again next year (and consider retaking the LSAT), but include schools out of state as well, and include a couple of safeties.  I considered NCCU, which (despite what people here would say) has a great reputation in NC for those that plan to stay here, but there is a particular professor I want to work with at UNC, and I'm dying to work in thier clinical programs.  I just couldn't see applying to or attending a school that I wasn't truly excited about (it's hard enough giving up a decent salary and professional opportunities to start this new chapter in my life...I feel I must do it for a school I'm really enthusiastic about.)

164/3.4 BA, 3.66 MS, 8+ years WE

fireplace

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 11:31:46 AM »
Ah I remember this. NCCU is where the governor went for LS so it can't be that bad. I don't know what tuition is though. Waitlisting sucks I know. If I were you, you may as well lose all your dignity and beg to get in. I mean, at this point they aren't going to give you a dime of support so there's no reason to play it cool.  I'd meet with Dean States (who should be a little less busy) and tell him straight up it's UNC or nothing for you, and you will definitely matriculate if accepted. Then see if you can figure out how far down the list you are.