Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Critical is 10 Actual  (Read 1001 times)

KALIND

• View Profile
How Critical is 10 Actual
« on: June 06, 2004, 03:50:41 PM »
I already have 10 more actual.  I plan on purchasing 10 more actual next week. 

Will I need 10 Actual too?  I'm a cheap Bastard.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: How Critical is 10 Actual
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 04:10:51 PM »
the more, the better.

you do need it, just shelve out the $24.  ;D

KALIND

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 06:40:10 PM »
So when's the release of this Powerscore Logic Reasoning Bible???

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 07:20:38 PM »
Go check on the powerscore website.  i know it's this summer, i think it's possibly august.

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 08:38:20 PM »
i would only reccomend it if you stink at games.  think of it as games 101 and a good way to have a foundation for the tougher more recent games.

M2

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 08:41:53 PM »
One thing I have noticed is that a few of the more recent games are strongly influenced by older flow-chart style (greg is older than sally but younger then frank) games. So doing the old games may help you in that respect.

if time is the issue I would go with all the new ones first...definitely.
If its money, I would just buy it...what's $25 compared to lawschool tuition anyway.

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2004, 03:07:30 AM »
What is it with people!?!  The book is $24, you should buy it even if you think there's only a slight chance it'll raise your score by a single point.  It could be the difference between admission and denial, it could be the difference between a scholarship or a loan.

KALIND

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2004, 04:11:57 AM »
What is it with people!?!  The book is $24, you should buy it even if you think there's only a slight chance it'll raise your score by a single point.  It could be the difference between admission and denial, it could be the difference between a scholarship or a loan.

Yeah Guys,

Dont know what the @#!* I was thinking...

Must be the Chinese side of me kicking in...

Rachelb1

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 12:19:42 AM »
An independent tutor I was working with required 10 Actual LSAT's. This is the first of the Actual LSATs series.   Obviously the more practice the better, but there are some things to consider.  I found that the logic games in 10 actual were much easier than the games from later years.  I felt very confident doing the games in 10 ACTUAL, but when I hit the later games, I just couldn't get it.

More recent games will give you a better sense of what you'll actually be facing on the LSAT.  I got all three of the released 2003 tests and it helped a lot.

Good luck

Rachel
qccepted Rutgers-EWR, Touro ($$)
pending, SUNY Buffalo, Hamline, CUNY
W/l      nowhere
denied   Cardozo

nathanielmark

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 03:05:42 PM »
the new games really stink, dont they?

An independent tutor I was working with required 10 Actual LSAT's. This is the first of the Actual LSATs series.   Obviously the more practice the better, but there are some things to consider.  I found that the logic games in 10 actual were much easier than the games from later years.  I felt very confident doing the games in 10 ACTUAL, but when I hit the later games, I just couldn't get it.

More recent games will give you a better sense of what you'll actually be facing on the LSAT.  I got all three of the released 2003 tests and it helped a lot.

Good luck

Rachel