Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whatcha' listening to?  (Read 2826 times)

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
  • "to boldly go, where no man has gone before"
    • View Profile
Whatcha' listening to?
« on: May 31, 2005, 07:06:11 PM »
Hey folks I'm planning a cross country trip shortly, (as are many of you) and I was wondering what is everyone listening.  Your list can be old stuff or new stuff, I am just looking to buy some CD's of some hot music that I can ride to. Example: Lyfe Jennings new CD is off the meter and I almost slept on it, because the cover makes him look like he collects cans :)
"Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."

elegantpearl01

Re: Whatcha' listening to?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2005, 07:26:19 PM »
Made...you are funny, I still need to cop that Lyfe Jennings. I'm listening to:

1. Kem -Kem II
2. Common- Be
3. Mariah-The Emanicipation of Mimi
4. 112-Pleasure & Pain
5. TI - Urban Legend (ASAP is my personal theme song)
6. Babyface-Tender Love (just rebought the cd)
7. Johnnie Gill-Favorites
8. Fantasia-Free Yourself (that title track is timely now to me)
9. DJ Envy Mix tape....

I was listening to that Mary J. "My Life" and "Mary" .....those albums..powerful

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2005, 07:33:52 PM »
I know you didn't just say collect cans  :D :D

I'm actually listening to Jon B's Cool Relax right now (as i'm typing lol) it was his second cd..

Raheem Devaughn.. it comes out June 21.. if you like Lyfe.. you'll definitely like that..

do you like gospel music? (i listened to gospel for six hours str8 as I was going through the home stretch into Houston- and it was storming and flooding that day)

Kirk Franklin - The Rebirth of Kirk Franklin
Smokie Norful- Smokie Norful & Nothing Without You
J Moss- The J Moss Project
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

elegantpearl01

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2005, 07:40:25 PM »
Reign, is the J. Moss project contemporary or traditional gospel?? I really like traditional sounding gospel.

How did you cop Raheem's cd....hmmmm ::)

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2005, 08:28:20 PM »
EPearl, how is that Common? The Corners is the only cut I've heard...Definetely cop the Lyfe CD...That Babyface cd is a classic, I wore the tape completely out...

Blk I like most types of music...I do dig some gospel as long as it's not a whole CD with like a fifty person choir  >:( The last full gospel cd I liked was Donnie McCurkin, Live in London...Never heard of Raheem Devaughn...

elegantpearl01

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 08:30:59 PM »
Made,
That Common cd is (to steal a line from Ashanti) bananas...it reminds me of 1994 Common...he's back on his lyrical game..the production is stellar and his delivery is on point...I see why most rap magazines are giving the cd 5 mics or calling it a classic.

Made4law

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 08:34:49 PM »
Made,
That Common cd is (to steal a line from Ashanti) bananas...it reminds me of 1994 Common...he's back on his lyrical game..the production is stellar and his delivery is on point...I see why most rap magazines are giving the cd 5 mics or calling it a classic.

Thanks definetely on top of that one :)

Has anyone heard that "Wait, remix" with Free (whoa) :P...I'm Free's biggest fan right now!

blk_reign

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2005, 08:35:14 PM »
I don't have Raheem's cd lol.. it isn't out yet.. but I've heard the single and I have his Urban Ave 31 joints as well as his collabos in CrossRhodes...

i lived in DC for six yrs.. known about the him since he was doing open mic nights @ Bar Nun on Mondays :D

JMoss is a mix of contemporary and traditional..he's the Clark Sister's cousin

Reign, is the J. Moss project contemporary or traditional gospel?? I really like traditional sounding gospel.

How did you cop Raheem's cd....hmmmm ::)
We're not accepting this CHANGE UP in the rules. Period. American presidents have been in the bed with organized crime, corporate pilferers, and the like for years. And all u want to put on this man is that his pastor said "Gotdamn America?" Hell, America.U got off pretty damn well, if you ask me...

Lexington

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2005, 01:44:05 AM »
Has anyone heard that "Wait, remix" with Free (whoa) :P...I'm Free's biggest fan right now!

I heard about this... I'm about to check it out in a sec.  I heard Free's putting it all out there which is kind of surprising because I never thought of her as the Lil Kim, Freak McNasty type.  Oh well...
"I take summers off cuz I love winter beef..." NAS

Burning Sands, Esq.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • Yes We Kan-sas!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2005, 12:55:21 PM »

I heard about this... I'm about to check it out in a sec.  I heard Free's putting it all out there which is kind of surprising because I never thought of her as the Lil Kim, Freak McNasty type.  Oh well...

WHAT??  Free??  Time to upload LimeWire right quick...  be back in a minute
"A lawyer's either a social engineer or a parasite on society. A social engineer is a highly skilled...lawyer who understands the Constitution of the U.S. and knows how to explore its uses in the solving of problems of local communities and in bettering [our] conditions."
Charles H. Houston