Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Come testday...you must fight for your rights!!  (Read 1318 times)

Victor

Re: Come testday...you must fight for your rights!!
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2004, 08:41:13 PM »
I have heard many horror stories about idiot proctors that don't know LSAT regulations.
My powerscore teacher told me of one instance where the proctors told people "timers are not allowed" and another one where they were shorting people 5-10 min by asking them for ID during the test...

The striking thing about these instances is that only a few people spoke up to say that timers were allowed...and that each section was 35 min..
There are many other stories too..

Was anyone here aware that they are allowed to start timing BEFORE they read the section instructions?
One person got shorted 2 min on a game section because the proctor was a really slow reader.
RIDICULOUS!!

If anyone tries to take my noiseless timer they are gonna have to peel it from my cold dead hands...

At the end, you sounded like Stiller in Meet the Parents when the lady tried to grab his luggage. Where are you located?

And I concur, you shouldnt let some proctor ruin your chances of doing well on the lsat.

nathanielmark

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2004, 08:42:54 PM »
i hope to god i dont have a proctor moronic enough to read the instructions for us.  i am pretty sure when i took the test back in 98 they did not do this.

Victor

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2004, 08:46:04 PM »
i hope to god i dont have a proctor moronic enough to read the instructions for us.  i am pretty sure when i took the test back in 98 they did not do this.

Yeah the instructions are invariably the same. Its the same instructions on the preptests and I'm sure everyone has read it already.

Candide

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2004, 08:47:11 PM »
Here's what I'm worried about: "Please write (DO NOT PRINT) the following statement."

I take this to mean "USE CURSIVE OR YOU WON'T GET INTO LAW SCHOOL."

I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't used cursive in 10 years.  I'm practicing (with quite ugly results) and I don't know if I'll be able to finish before the proctor tells us to start.  I remember someone else coming onto this board and saying that he didn't finish this part on time and it took up time on his sections to finish.  I'm not gonna let this happen to me.  If the proctor says, "proceed to the other side" I'm gonna tell everyone to wait up.

Victor

« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2004, 08:51:46 PM »
Here's what I'm worried about: "Please write (DO NOT PRINT) the following statement."

I take this to mean "USE CURSIVE OR YOU WON'T GET INTO LAW SCHOOL."

I don't know about the rest of you, but I haven't used cursive in 10 years.  I'm practicing (with quite ugly results) and I don't know if I'll be able to finish before the proctor tells us to start.  I remember someone else coming onto this board and saying that he didn't finish this part on time and it took up time on his sections to finish.  I'm not gonna let this happen to me.  If the proctor says, "proceed to the other side" I'm gonna tell everyone to wait up.

What do you usually do when you have to sign for something?

M2

« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2004, 09:01:17 PM »

At the end, you sounded like Stiller in Meet the Parents when the lady tried to grab his luggage. Where are you located?

And I concur, you shouldnt let some proctor ruin your chances of doing well on the lsat.

Im in Manhattan, and I am expecting to have an idiot for a proctor because things are usually run that way around here...

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2004, 11:18:13 PM »
I don't think you have to write in strict cursive for that little statement.  I think as long as you don't write the thing in big, block print letters, you'll be fine.  Just consider the difference between "printing" your name under a signature.  Your signature doesn't necessarily have to be in cursive.  So don't stress about remembering the drills your third grade teacher had you do to learn a cursive S.  Just pretend you're in class or a meeting a work quickly writing notes.  you'll be fine.  Stressing about this doesn't nothing but add to your anxiety level, and we all know that anxiety won't help your score any.