Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: To all those on HOLD at FSU.....  (Read 5781 times)

Lilli

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: To all those on HOLD at FSU.....
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2005, 07:53:41 PM »
Good luck. I hope that I get accepted too but I doubt it about now- I guess I will know by the end of the week.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2005, 08:29:18 PM »
Good luck. I hope that I get accepted too but I doubt it about now- I guess I will know by the end of the week.

You don't have to wait that long.  You can faxed them a letter asking them to fax a copy of the decision letter.  I think the letter that you faxed them has to be signed and that's it.

Someone did that and get a fax shortly after he faxed them the letter asking them to release the decision letter.

HTH.

tegra8

« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2005, 02:05:51 PM »
just for giggles I called them today and supposedly all decisions were made yesterday and the letters are going out today and tomorrow

davidatfsu

• AOL Instant Messenger - davidsLawyer
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2005, 03:35:36 PM »
just for giggles I called them today and supposedly all decisions were made yesterday and the letters are going out today and tomorrow

Thank God. I don't know who the hell they think they are, making everyone wait so long.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 14, 2005, 03:43:30 PM »
Do you guys know how many of the Holds are going to be Acceptances? 

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 14, 2005, 04:16:10 PM »

All decisions were made yesterday??  I just got off the phone with them 2 minutes ago and they told me that no decision has been made on my file yet (Am I the ONLY one now?) and a decision on my file will be made by the end of this week.

MikeMac

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 14, 2005, 04:18:12 PM »
They said they made a decision on mine on the 13th.  I dont' know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that your decision won't be made until the end of the week.

hope74usa

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 14, 2005, 04:36:05 PM »
They told me when I called on the 9th that a decision on my file was being sent out that day. I still haven't gotten it. I think they've got some sort of weird magic 8 ball they're using when applicants call. "A decision was sent today." "A decision will be sent tomorrow." "A decision will be sent next week."

tegra8

« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2005, 04:37:37 PM »

All decisions were made yesterday??  I just got off the phone with them 2 minutes ago and they told me that no decision has been made on my file yet (Am I the ONLY one now?) and a decision on my file will be made by the end of this week.

i dunno... im not really gonna hold my breath til my decision cause at this point I really dont expect to ever see one!

I am nearly certain that she said decisions were made yesterday and they were being sent out today and tomorrow... I didnt ask sepcifically about mine, just in general

davidatfsu

• AOL Instant Messenger - davidsLawyer
    • View Profile
    • Livejournal
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 14, 2005, 04:39:11 PM »
They said they made a decision on mine on the 13th.  I dont' know if it's a good thing or a bad thing that your decision won't be made until the end of the week.

I don't buy it. There's no way they're still sitting around mulling over all those applications. I've posted this info before, but I'll repost it here.

My thesis professor's wife is on the admissions committee at FSU Law. We spoke informally about the process one time. When applications come in, hey are placed in 2 piles based on the index: auto admits and nons. People above the cut off of 83 or whatever it is this year are perused over to make sure they aren't felons or anything but are sent acceptances immediately. Applicants below are sorted by other merits, or as she put it, "we usually get most of our diversity from below the index cut off." I think my index at the time came out to an 81 or something and she found out last year's cut off was an 82. She goes, "yeah, you're application is pretty normal. Middle class white kid with decent grades and decent LSAT. Probably a C student in law school. It's unlikely you'd be accepted. When can you take the LSAT again?" I asked if there was anything I could do to make my application more attractive. Her answer: "if you had a medal of honor or something, yeah."

Obviously there are other people involved besides her, but my point is to let any of you white males like me know that if you didn't get accepted already, barring some mixup that got your application reviewed late, don't keep your hopes up. If anything, they're holding out to see who cares enough about FSU Law to either risk going there or nowhere or those that are continuing to place deposits at other schools while they wait.

Personally, I think whatever the reason, it's absolutely ridiculous and unprofessional for them to take this long.