Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: My new study plan.  (Read 1132 times)

M2

My new study plan.
« on: June 06, 2004, 08:43:07 AM »
1. Wake up
2. Meditate
3. Eat breakfast
4. Watch Tv
5. Do one Game or PS homework
6. Play Vice City or Halo
7. Read
8. Eat Lunch

haha Anyone see a trend here?

My old plan was
1. Wake up
2. Eat Breakfast
3. Game.
4. Game
5. Game
6. Game
The Old Plan didn't really work out...although seemingly counterintuitive I think the new plan will work much better.

nathanielmark

Re: My new study plan.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 09:55:43 AM »
its similar to mine.  i am only doing 1 or 2 sections a day. except today which is #42, my last full timed test.  i am also on a tv/video game diet.  all i do outside of work and studies is read. i think its helped me as i dont really miss more then 3 on RCs anymore and i seem to be able to get thru LRs quicker.

Victor

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 10:56:03 AM »
1. Wake up
2. Meditate
3. Eat breakfast
4. Watch Tv
5. Do one Game or PS homework
6. Play Vice City or Halo
7. Read
8. Eat Lunch

haha Anyone see a trend here?

My old plan was
1. Wake up
2. Eat Breakfast
3. Game.
4. Game
5. Game
6. Game
The Old Plan didn't really work out...although seemingly counterintuitive I think the new plan will work much better.

Does your meditation diet have any association with your avitar? Do you do the simple 30 minute meditation of trying to focus on a number?

M2

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 11:10:58 AM »
I practice Zazen (Zen sitting meditation)

It involves  not-thinking and not-focusing.
One empties the mind of thought (easier said than done).
This is not the same thing as focusing on "nothing".

One way to do this is by counting one's breaths... Breathe in Breathe out 1. Breathe in...breathe out 2 up until ten and then start over. If the mind begins to drift simply bring its focus back to breath. It is important not to fight when your mind drifts, just slowly bring its focus back.

The state of mind that one desires to achieve with Zazen is that of complete awareness. Living  every moment.
The whole idea is to let the mind sit in its natural state of awareness.

My avatar is from the cover of the book "Satori in Paris" by Jack Kerouac.
He is one of my favorite authors. Satori is the japanese word for the enlightenment attained  at the height of Zen practice.
I chose the avatar because I am in love with Paris (I lived there for 6 months last year), I dig Kerouac, and I dig Zen (of which kerouac was a practitioner).

I currently meditate a couple times a day for 15-45 min. I find that it really helps relieve stress.

BLAKEAGGIE98

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - BlakeAggie98
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 06:49:55 PM »
I actually just read a book about what your doing and have been trying it myself. "The handbook for humans" by James Sloman. It really has had a profound affect on me. Too bad not so much on my practice scores!
South Texas College of Law here I come!