Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: how much easier are the old tests?  (Read 642 times)

fed

• View Profile
how much easier are the old tests?
« on: June 06, 2004, 02:58:07 AM »
I'm looking for something quantifiable, i.e. a difference range I can expect between tests.

The last month has been a lot more hectic than I expected when I signed up for the June test, so I'm still considering postponing till October.  But I've been knocking the 10 Actual... out of the park (I have an unexplainable knack for standardized tests), and I wanted to use them as predictors for how I might do on the actual LSAT, since I'm flipping out over whether or not I should reschedule.

I've got 10 More... and #35-37 coming in the next couple days from amazon to help me better assess my situation, but I was hoping someone here could give me an idea.

JiggityJig

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: how much easier are the old tests?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2004, 08:26:52 AM »
On 10 Actual, I was climbing consistently up through the 160s.  On 10 More and PrepTests from the last two years, I'm on a nice plateau in the low 170s (knock on wood).

Like you, I started with 10 Actual and have since moved on to 10 More and some of the preptests in the 39-42 range...and I haven't noticed a huge degree of difference.  If anything, I'm more calm about the later tests and scoring better simply by virtue of having been at this longer than when I started 10 Actual -- I think maybe starting with 10 Actual sort of "ramps you up" to the harder tests.  Then again, I know this hasn't been the case for everyone, so ymmv.

I'd say that if you're feeling *consistently* happy with your test-taking ability and your practice scores, this continues as you start hitting the newer tests, and you have some time free to put in this week, you might consider not delaying.  Since as I recall you have up to the last minute to reschedule, I'd say just keep preparing and getting mentally ready as if you were going; that way, if your stride holds, you won't have spent this week flipping out with your indecision, and if it doesn't, you haven't really lost anything.

nathanielmark

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 10:14:01 AM »
my average score has probably dropped about 4 points on the newer test.

Skittles

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 11:03:01 AM »
I actually kinda think the games sections in the newer LSATs are easier and more predictable but maybe that's just because I've been practicing.