Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: What's Allowed in the LSAT Testing Room??  (Read 1483 times)

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
What's Allowed in the LSAT Testing Room??
« on: June 05, 2004, 10:29:57 PM »

Are you allow to bring a book pack.... to store your pencills, snackbars/drinks during that short 10 minutes breaks, etc? 

What things are recommended to bring into the test room?

jgruber

Re: What's Allowed in the LSAT Testing Room??
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 10:39:03 PM »
I was allowed to bring in a small bag with my drinks and some gum and pencils and so on.  But I was at a remote location with only 5 other test takers.  things were very relaxed.

FloridaLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 05:30:03 PM »
What do you all recommend to bring into the testing room (besides several pencils)?

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 05:31:47 PM »
bring a highlighter, eraser, timer [or watch].

that's about yet...and yeah, lot's of #2 and lead [for mechanical pencil users]

jgomez

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2004, 07:15:11 PM »
like you listed in your OP suggestions, don't forget food and water.  you can bring a bag, etc.  in my testing site, you just couldn't have it at your desk...everyone had to put it in the front of the room. 

oh yea, if you get cold easily, bring a sweatshirt or light jacket just in case.

M2

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 08:24:17 PM »
You had to put your bag at the front of the room?
They weren't worried about things getting stolen?

Maybe you were in a small center but I expect at least 100 people at my center in Manhattan...I hope we dont have to do something like that.

One thing I did hear is that cell-phones are not allowed in the test-room.

jgomez

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2004, 09:05:35 AM »
i was at a law school in downtonw Los Angeles but i took the February 2004 test, so there was not that many people.  I would say only 35 people in my room.  i would suspect that if it was in June or October, it would have been crowded. 

You had to put your bag at the front of the room?
They weren't worried about things getting stolen?

Maybe you were in a small center but I expect at least 100 people at my center in Manhattan...I hope we dont have to do something like that.

One thing I did hear is that cell-phones are not allowed in the test-room.

flecktone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2004, 10:14:57 AM »
I took mine in New York.  Everyone had to put their cell phones on a desk at the front of the room, so there was a pile of about 25 cell phones on the desk.  You might want to either make sure it's labelled or just leave it in your car during the test. 

Ginatio

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2004, 10:32:33 AM »
I took mine at UPenn... they were pretty chill about everything. I had all my stuff in my jacket in the seat next to me.

Can I just say something to the ladies, though... please don't wear low-rise jeans and a thong. fortunately, this didn't happen to me, but now that i think about it, if there was a hot chick with low-rise jeans and a thong sitting in front of me, my LSAT score would've been a 2.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2004, 12:49:18 PM »
I took mine at UPenn... they were pretty chill about everything. I had all my stuff in my jacket in the seat next to me.

Can I just say something to the ladies, though... please don't wear low-rise jeans and a thong. fortunately, this didn't happen to me, but now that i think about it, if there was a hot chick with low-rise jeans and a thong sitting in front of me, my LSAT score would've been a 2.

LOL..... :D

i'd still say the LSAT is more important, though.