Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: postpone till October?  (Read 716 times)

utaustin

• Sr. Citizen
  • 3.36/164
    • View Profile
postpone till October?
« on: June 05, 2004, 10:01:37 PM »
My first practice test was a 151, and about 4-5 tests later I'm at a ~158. This is after taking the PR course, which, by the way, is only good for the fundamentals.

I have a 3.4 GPA, and would really like to get into UT law, and from the looks of it, I need to score in the upper 160s

I just got the PS Logic Games Bible and Master the LSAT a few days back.

My goal is a 170+, which I think should be attainable if I get more Logic Games practice and narrow down my arguments losses.

Should I wait till October?

nathanielmark

Re: postpone till October?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 10:03:38 PM »
its unlikely you will raise a 158 to even 165 in the remaining time.  i dont think you have a choice.

kccole05

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2004, 06:27:50 AM »
Its not neccessary for you to be in the 170's to go to UTA. A solid 161 is sufficient.

Dante Hicks

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whatchoo lookin at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 11:34:51 AM »
I've decided today that I'm rescheduling my June LSAT until the Dec one.  Yes I've wimped out....or have I?  While it has been said that most people can't or don't improve much in a range..I'm going to be the exception.  My prep tests so far have only been in the 150s...I'm willing to bet I can get at least a 168 in Dec.

I can take this June test, sure...but why take it now if I know I'll probably end up canceling my score anyways.  Why not have just one good score.

I am ready to take the ridicule and heat now from you guys...but I know I'm doing the right thing.

Signed,
the LSAT wimp
 :-\
One day it was so cold in Chicago that the lawyers had their hands in their own pockets.

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 11:39:13 AM »
Why would we ridicule you?  Most of us, while not making the decision, respect the decision.  Most others I've seen postpone in the last couple weeks have receive mostly support.

I do have a question though...why December and not October?

Dante Hicks

• Sr. Citizen
  • Whatchoo lookin at?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 10:45:55 PM »
Sorry about the late response jacy.

I wanted Oct (I really wanted June but those are the breaks) but I have to take the Dec LSAT.

Warning: Boring story/explanation ahead...DANGER Wil Robinson! (or was it Will 2 L's?)

It just so happens, that on all the upcoming LSATS, those test dates coincide with the EXACT dates I have my BS finals on (I think it's more than a coincidence..just my luck I guess).  On those Saturdays I have to drive over 200 miles to take finals on campus (to satisfy X amount of hours on the main campus) and give an oral presentation  You are not allowed to miss mind you (unless mom or dad just died..but that's pushing it too).  I was given permission to take the Dec LSAT and submit a video of my presentation and to come take my finals the week after because my Dec finals have one less exam. 

Go figure.  Sorry about the long explanation.
One day it was so cold in Chicago that the lawyers had their hands in their own pockets.