Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Gays a minority status?  (Read 6892 times)

NathanB

Gays a minority status?
« on: May 27, 2005, 03:58:33 PM »
Alright, I have what I hope is a relatively simple question.  Are gays technically considered a minority?  I realize this is a "hot button" issue, but I'm curious as to how law schools look at this.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Nathan

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
Re: Gays a minority status?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 04:16:30 PM »
It's fun when you've been on for over a year and hear the same questions all the time.

You answer is unfortunately no.  It may aid in an overcoming-adversary PS or something.  but just for being gay you get nothing... well you get a better fashon sense.
sometimes I put hot chinese mustard up my nose to see if I'm still alive

---------

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 04:18:57 PM »
It's fun when you've been on for over a year and hear the same questions all the time.

You answer is unfortunately no.  It may aid in an overcoming-adversary PS or something.  but just for being gay you get nothing... well you get a better fashon sense.

You also might not want to disclose that you're homosexual if you're applying to schools like Baylor. Baylor actually wants it's students to live a "Christian lifestyle" when they're on campus.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2005, 04:19:49 PM »

You also might not want to disclose that you're homosexual if you're applying to schools like Baylor. Baylor actually wants it's students to live a "Christian lifestyle" when they're on campus.

true... but what self respecting gay wants to go to Baylor ;)

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 04:20:56 PM »

You answer is unfortunately no. It may aid in an overcoming-adversary PS or something. but just for being gay you get nothing... well you get a better fashon sense.

You also get a better sex life, since your partners aren't confused by your body parts. Can't forget that one.

And don't forget the food.
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

headlesschicken

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 04:22:18 PM »

I'm with you on that ... I went to the Baylor graduation this year (my sister was graduating) and the president of the university delivered a speech about how American culture was out to get Christians because "traditional Christian values" were now being labeled "hate speech." Hmmmm, I wonder what hot-button issue he was talking about?
179/3.97 (Top3)
Total payments to Yale, 1999-2008: >$250,000

St. Shaun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yes, I am this pretty.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 04:23:31 PM »
Alright, I have what I hope is a relatively simple question.  Are gays technically considered a minority?  I realize this is a "hot button" issue, but I'm curious as to how law schools look at this.

Any thoughts are appreciated!

Nathan

Gay people aren't minorities anymore then left handed people, mormons, or transgressive segrigets.  
You can't make everyone happy...
but you can sure piss everyone off.

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 04:24:06 PM »

I'm with you on that ... I went to the Baylor graduation this year (my sister was graduating) and the president of the university delivered a speech about how American culture was out to get Christians because "traditional Christian values" were now being labeled "hate speech." Hmmmm, I wonder what hot-button issue he was talking about?

barf
oooh and two good points about the sex and food... well not at the same time... ok, well not at the same time all the time... special occasions are ok.

A.J

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 04:28:04 PM »
I thought they were starting there own race.   ???

Seems like it might die out though.   ;D

__

• LSD Obsessed
  • Chowdah mmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2005, 04:31:26 PM »
I thought they were starting there own race.   ???

Seems like it might die out though.   ;D

AJ... I seem to run into you on all the gay threads. ;)
call me baby :-*