Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Please Help . . . Do I have a chance?  (Read 1453 times)

eclaw12

• View Profile
Please Help . . . Do I have a chance?
« on: June 05, 2004, 07:06:26 PM »
Hello All,

I graduated this past December with a 2.59, after transfering from a previous college with an even lower gpa.  I am assuming that when the two are averaged out my gpa will be about a 2.2.  I had a rough time with an eating disorder and depression . . . and recently started getting treatment for my problems.  I believe that I will be able to do really well on the LSAT (I got a 1480 on my SATs and graduated from high school with a 3.8)

I really want to be a lawyer and one day a Law Professor!! Do I have a chance?  Is there anything I can do to be a competitive canidate for a top 100 like Northeastern, Catholic, Brooklyn, or Rutgers?

rallygrig

• ICQ Messenger - 105975766
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Please Help . . . Do I have a chance?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2004, 09:30:08 PM »
Hello,
YES - you have a chance! All of us do! You should explain the circumstances that prevented you from getting a high GPA on a separate note to the law school you are applying to. Almost every law school gives you the opportunity to explain a certain aspect of your law school application (in your case GPA) that seems unfavorable. Take this as an opportunity to expain your difficulties in undergrad and desire to attend law school.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 12:04:13 AM »
even though your GPA is low, LSAT is the great equalizer.

S.J.

• Sr. Citizen
  • That which does not kill us, makes us stronger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 03:38:34 PM »
You should score over 170.  Let me know if you have any Q's.
T25 or bust