Law School Discussion

Chicago-Kent

Chicago-Kent
« on: May 27, 2005, 08:15:42 AM »
How bad do you think it is that i still have not heard anything from Kent?  I call them every week and every week they tell me my application is still with admissions, and that i would know within a couple weeks.  Does anyone know anything about Kent?

pointdexterish

• 95% there
    • View Profile
    • Juris Novus
Re: Chicago-Kent
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 10:57:53 AM »
June is when you will find out.  Some time in June.  Send them a letter of continued interest, send them another recommendation, send them anything that will help get you to the top of the pile.

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 12:43:17 PM »
well i called the admissions department, and they said my letter is in the mail.  I heard that if you get accepted they generally send you an email, so i am going to assume that i got dinged :o(

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 12:55:46 PM »
Here's a frustrating Kent story-

I met a guy who is at Kent now. He got a 148 (yes, you heard correctly)  and since his mother was an alum and quite friendly with the dean of admissions, they granted him part-time admission. I couldn't believe it, but it's true. How frustrating to those QUALIFIED candidates who don't have
"connections"...

whostheguy

• Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 07:03:39 AM »
Guess what, that happens at every school. Ever heard of a guy named Dan Quayle?

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 08:27:01 AM »
touche...

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 09:04:09 AM »
Guess what, that happens at every school. Ever heard of a guy named Dan Quayle?

And what was his LSAT score?

Well, yes, I found Kent to take a long time in its decision-making process. Also, even if your numbers are competitive, it seems as though they've filled up their class with a lot of 150ish scores with scholarships already. (What increases their average or median most is the kent scholars program.)

Just an FYI on Kent: I know a lot of people who've lost or know others who have lost their scholarship money there. Yah, this happens at every school, but in higher numbers there. If someone's going there b/c they really want to be there, though, ignore.

whostheguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 11:41:57 AM »

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 12:41:23 PM »
to tickle your funny bone
http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Dan_Quayle/

Wow, that guy's got great reasoning skills  ::). You're right; I can't imagine his LSAT score was very high!

I remember that when I was deciding between MA programs, I met w/ the dept chair at Indiana U and the first words he said during a discussion about the state was, "Well, Indiana did produce Dan Quayle, but... [then some positives about the area]."

whostheguy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 12:44:02 PM »
hahhaha, that is one of the funniest things ive ever heard; Danny boy really spit out some pearls of wisdom didn't he?