Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Chicago-Kent  (Read 2687 times)

NotToBright

• View Profile
    • Email
Chicago-Kent
« on: May 27, 2005, 10:15:42 AM »
How bad do you think it is that i still have not heard anything from Kent?  I call them every week and every week they tell me my application is still with admissions, and that i would know within a couple weeks.  Does anyone know anything about Kent?

pointdexterish

• Sr. Citizen
  • 95% there
    • View Profile
    • Juris Novus
Re: Chicago-Kent
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 12:57:53 PM »
June is when you will find out.  Some time in June.  Send them a letter of continued interest, send them another recommendation, send them anything that will help get you to the top of the pile.

NotToBright

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 02:43:17 PM »
well i called the admissions department, and they said my letter is in the mail.  I heard that if you get accepted they generally send you an email, so i am going to assume that i got dinged :o(

blondelawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2005, 02:55:46 PM »
Here's a frustrating Kent story-

I met a guy who is at Kent now. He got a 148 (yes, you heard correctly)  and since his mother was an alum and quite friendly with the dean of admissions, they granted him part-time admission. I couldn't believe it, but it's true. How frustrating to those QUALIFIED candidates who don't have
"connections"...
"Do you think she got up one morning and said, 'I think I'll go to law school today'?"

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
  • Staring contest, you and me..now
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 09:03:39 AM »
Guess what, that happens at every school. Ever heard of a guy named Dan Quayle?
LSAT 159 GPA: 3.825

blondelawstudent

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 10:27:01 AM »
touche...
"Do you think she got up one morning and said, 'I think I'll go to law school today'?"

ButteredToast

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 11:04:09 AM »
Guess what, that happens at every school. Ever heard of a guy named Dan Quayle?

And what was his LSAT score?

Well, yes, I found Kent to take a long time in its decision-making process. Also, even if your numbers are competitive, it seems as though they've filled up their class with a lot of 150ish scores with scholarships already. (What increases their average or median most is the kent scholars program.)

Just an FYI on Kent: I know a lot of people who've lost or know others who have lost their scholarship money there. Yah, this happens at every school, but in higher numbers there. If someone's going there b/c they really want to be there, though, ignore.

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 01:41:57 PM »

ButteredToast

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2005, 02:41:23 PM »
to tickle your funny bone
http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Dan_Quayle/

Wow, that guy's got great reasoning skills  ::). You're right; I can't imagine his LSAT score was very high!

I remember that when I was deciding between MA programs, I met w/ the dept chair at Indiana U and the first words he said during a discussion about the state was, "Well, Indiana did produce Dan Quayle, but... [then some positives about the area]."

whostheguy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2005, 02:44:02 PM »
hahhaha, that is one of the funniest things ive ever heard; Danny boy really spit out some pearls of wisdom didn't he?