Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Cannabis and the LSAT  (Read 3047 times)

HatchetHarry

• View Profile
    • Email
Cannabis and the LSAT
« on: June 05, 2004, 06:49:36 PM »
The first 2 tests I took I got decent 160s but on the 3rd one I started to take while I was stoned as @#!* and hitting a bong with some fine ass dank packed up and my score jumped to a 176.  The next 7 days I repeated the process of getting mad stoned while taking the lsat and my average score was a 175.  Has anyone else noticed things like this?  Im not really suprised because when I started to smoke cannabis regularly my grades at my university shot up and im finally succeeding after years of slacking.  I really hope these scores stay because the movie that actually inspired me to go to law school is How High so I want to go to harvard and smoke some herbal.

what what

M2

Re: Cannabis and the LSAT
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 06:51:06 PM »
I think that you are the exception to the rule...most of the data I have seen shows that Cannabis use kills short-term memory (temporarily) which would leave one at a severe disadvantage in most of the LSAT sections.

Unless you are joking..in which case I am an ass

KALIND

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 07:37:09 PM »
I find that Coke and the LSATS is a great combination...

Only problem is this can be a potentially bad combination to study with.

thinknpositive

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 09:13:58 PM »

Yeah man, I blew so much coke during my LSAT.  The proctor thought it was weird that I had to go to the bathroom after every section and all the other test-takers complained of my constant sniffling, but I screwed the *&^% out of the LSAT.

nathanielmark

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 10:05:04 PM »
you should have gone with a sustained-release cocaine suppository.  then you could have skipped all the bathroom trips.

Yeah man, I blew so much coke during my LSAT.  The proctor thought it was weird that I had to go to the bathroom after every section and all the other test-takers complained of my constant sniffling, but I screwed the *&^% out of the LSAT.

Silversoma

• Sr. Citizen
  • Me at Radiohead- Thunderbird Stadium, August/03
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2004, 01:46:21 AM »
I don't know about getting stoned on test day, but I know it will help me get enough sleep the night before!

BTW, aren't the dope laws in America kind of harsh (excepting California, of course)?  That would suck, getting busted for "intent" while you and your buddies "distribute" a joint in the parking lot moments before your LSAT...  :'(

Another thought... I don't think you are allowed to take munchies with you to the testing room  ;)
Practice LSATs so far: 156 155 157 155 157 161 162 161 155 155 160 164 166 161 170 166 168 160 163 162 172

LSAT's finished... I don't have to think about law school for a year now.
********* GO Team Canada GO!!!!! ***********

sarmstrong806

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2004, 01:50:32 AM »
People that think marijuana enhances any of their abilities to perform tasks have smoked too much of it.

It is so ridiculous that people are posting about doing any kind of drugs to improve their score.

If you can't do it on your own will never make it.

dex

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2004, 01:51:15 AM »
Not really.

Dilettante

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2004, 02:54:39 AM »
This definitely merits consideration.  I'm not into weed, but maybe I'll take on of my practice tests this week with a shot before the first section, and one after the third.  Keep your mind limber, ya know?

HatchetHarry

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2004, 04:31:26 AM »
People that think marijuana enhances any of their abilities to perform tasks have smoked too much of it.

It is so ridiculous that people are posting about doing any kind of drugs to improve their score.

If you can't do it on your own will never make it.

Drugs affect all people differently.  While weed may impair one persons memory and *&^% it may drastically improve anothers.  Drugs are amazing tools that can help you in life if used properly.