Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Reagan dead at 93...  (Read 2955 times)

M2

Reagan dead at 93...
« on: June 05, 2004, 05:48:09 PM »
Just saw the headline at Fark...
I'm not a fan...but I'm glad his suffering has been eased (alzheimers isn't pretty)

jgomez

Re: Reagan dead at 93...
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 06:09:53 PM »
you know, my gradmother, before she passed away had alzheimers, and to tell you the truth, i think for the person that has it, it's probably better to have it, especially when your health is in shambles.

it only sucks for their loved ones, but the patient gots it easy when they don't have to see their shyt falling apart.

M2

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 06:17:59 PM »
Thats a good way to think of it...i guess he probably wasn't consciously aware of much.

thechoson

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 06:22:11 PM »
RIP To Mr. President, a great man

risk

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 06:47:11 PM »
he was exactly what this country needed at that time.........may he rest in peace with our thanks

nathanielmark

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 07:15:11 PM »
NO, he was not.  but we made it where we are in spite of 8 years of his leadership.  that said, of course my prayers are with him and his family.

he was exactly what this country needed at that time.........may he rest in peace with our thanks

jgruber

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 10:27:48 PM »
He was one of the worst presidents we've had and it takes a lot to be among the worst.

May he rest in peace.

M2

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2004, 10:05:20 AM »
NO, he was not.  but we made it where we are in spite of 8 years of his leadership.  that said, of course my prayers are with him and his family.

Exactly...What made him great?

His opposition to Civil Rights in the 60s? or him possibly selling WMDs to Saddam in the 80s?

nathanielmark

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2004, 10:12:20 AM »
GOP would like to give him credit for ending the cold war.  historians and economists around the world, however, attribute this to the inevitable unstustainability of the communist system over there. 

GOP will also try to credit him for setting the pace for the boom of the 90s.  but the deregulation of reagan led primarily to the SnL crisis and his tax cuts for the wealthyled to monumental deficits that required (as they always do) higher future taxes.

He was a very skilled politician though, and obviously most people liked him.

Tobias Beecher

• Sr. Citizen
    • MSN Messenger - roger_76@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2004, 04:42:17 PM »

Exactly...What made him great?

His opposition to Civil Rights in the 60s? or him possibly selling WMDs to Saddam in the 80s?

because he was a C list actor.