University of Detroit Mercy
14 (32.6%)
Touro College
8 (18.6%)

Total Members Voted: 36

You pick my 4th tier destination

Re: You pick my 4th tier destination
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2005, 06:25:55 AM »
Head to New England....spend three years of your life somewhere decent, instead of a shithole

jim411

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2005, 06:36:10 AM »
Are you still considering Pace? 

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 06:42:54 AM »
Definitely...I am waitlisted there.

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 07:02:16 AM »
Don't know anything about Touro or Detroit-Mercy.  I've put down a deposit at NESL.  I visited in early April.  I was impressed with the faculty and the students.  Nice atmosphere.  Good discussions with a couple of faculty members.  Nice location in Boston.

I've also spoken with a 1974 NESL graduate who works on litigation in Boston. He mentioned that NESL grads definitely get jobs in the Boston area (not sure where you want to practice).  Also, just in doing research online, I've noticed that there is a solid foundation of NESL alums working in firms throughout the region.

leoladybug

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 07:26:26 AM »
I am in the same boat as you.  I have a great GPA, a master's and WE but a 149 LSAT.  I contemplated re-taking the LSAT and applying again next year until I got into CUNY.  I am very excited about this opportunity despite the negativity on this board about the institution and 4th tiers in general.  I feel it is a great fit for me.  Of course I would love to have the opportunity to go to NYU or Columbia but I am confident that I will succeed at CUNY and that it is a great fit for me.

If you are having any doubts about your options for this Fall, definitely hold off a year or so and try again.  What kind of law do you want to practice?  What state do you hope to eventually work in? 

I started reading Law School Confidential.  I think it may be helpful for you to browse through it if you haven't done so already.

Best of luck with whatever school you choose!

« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2005, 07:46:32 AM »
This is my second time reapplying, so it is really do or die at this point. 

What is law school confidential about in a nutshell?

leoladybug

« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2005, 08:34:31 AM »
I have only read part of it so far but it is written by recent law school grads and gives practical advice.  I think it can either reaffirm a person's desire to go to law school or cause the person to have doubts.

It also provides information/advice about 1L, job searches, etc.  I have found it helpful thus far.

So...what is your first choice at this point??

Jebber

• Git-R-Done!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2005, 08:59:47 AM »
I'd pick NESL. It's the best school of those three. Touro is also a jewish school, you might want to take that into consideration. Good Luck!

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2005, 10:17:56 AM »
I'd pick NESL. It's the best school of those three. Touro is also a jewish school, you might want to take that into consideration. Good Luck!

What the heck are you implying by saying that about Touro?

jkang2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2005, 10:21:14 AM »
A- yes this is a serious poll
and
B- i suck at the LSAT.  146, and 150.  graduated with a strong gpa, scholarships, double major and tons of work experience.

but law schools don't care about that.  its 70% LSAT, 30% GPA.

OH SORRY.  I thought it was COOLEY.  Anyways, there is this guy name Cooley with multi users account who does the most insane stuff like posting up a "made up story" and give a poll that does not affect him.  That is, he would put a poll like this when he is not planning on attending neither of them.